If you've been here a while and aren't feeling old...

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->
Chris Walton
KVRAF
2162 posts since 25 Jan, 2007 from the back room, away from his wife's sight (or so he thinks)

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:35 am

... note that I turned 30 this year.

Feeling old yet? :D
Full-time Daddy and Software Developer
Part-time Musician and Smartass
Zero-time Intelligent Being
Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

Chris Walton
KVRAF
2162 posts since 25 Jan, 2007 from the back room, away from his wife's sight (or so he thinks)

Re: If you've been here a while and aren't feeling old...

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:49 am

Also, it's literally been 10 years since the (well-deserved) ban, I wonder what I could do to convince Ben to merge my usernames >_>
Formerly known as arke, VladimirDimitrievich, bslf, and ctmg. Yep, those bans were deserved.

whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth
26918 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:07 am

Chris Walton wrote:Also, it's literally been 10 years since the (well-deserved) ban, I wonder what I could do to convince Ben to merge my usernames >_>
merging the name seems feasible.

arke
chris walton
arke
vladimirdimitrievich

....archwankerdim....
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."

aMUSEd
KVRAF
30718 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:14 am

whyterabbyt wrote:
Chris Walton wrote:Also, it's literally been 10 years since the (well-deserved) ban, I wonder what I could do to convince Ben to merge my usernames >_>
merging the name seems feasible.

arke
chris walton
arke
vladimirdimitrievich

....archwankerdim....
lol perfect

ye olde gite :)

Chris Walton
KVRAF

Post Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:16 am

Watch me fall back into old habits and overuse this one smiley: :lol:

Also, a truly fitting name and I would wear it with pride.

Chris Walton
KVRAF

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:58 am

And speaking of "I miss the old KVR", it's interesting to see what has changed and what hasn't. From cursory browsing of the threads in Instruments, Effects, and Hosts, that part hasn't changed at all, it's just different product names. Biggest change there is probably that I have no interest in shitposting there like I used to :scared:. HPC is also the same weekly-pruned toxic madness it has always been :hihi:. Off topic feels much slower than it used to, which is a shame.

There are people I recognized immediately. Hink, obviously :hug:. But also whyterabbyt's delicious snark was nice to see again. Quite a few others too (don't feel insulted if I didn't mention you please). Meffy is missing and I see he seems to have just up and disappeared at some point. Good ol' slainte pHz too, though even earlier. Chase seems to check in about as often as I do at this point, as does vurt.

It's weird that I keep coming back here occasionally, even after all this time, because I've now been a non-regular for much longer than I was a KVR regular (2005-2008). And yet, every 3-18 months or so, I get this urge to check in again, which lasts for a brief while before I fade away once more. In a way, it's like visiting a town you used to live in many years earlier. There are the familiar buildings, but also new buildings; different people walking the streets. Somebody else owns the ice cream store, but the italian restaurant on the other side of the street is still run by the same dude, just with more gray hair. It all looks very familiar and yet eerily foreign at the same time, even more foreign than some completely unknown place, probably precisely because of the contrast between the old known and the new unknown.

Or something.

I had a point to make when I started writing this, but it got lost along the way and I ended up writing some not-really-intellectual pretend-philosophical crap. So, in that sense, nothing changed. :clown:

----

TL;DR: I'm probably gonna disappear again soon, and then come back 3-18 months later to once again wax poetic in a most annoying fashion.

I'd still love it if Ben were to merge the different usernames back into the old "arke", though.

Googly Smythe
KVRAF
2315 posts since 12 May, 2011 from Not where I was just now.

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:41 am

Chris Walton wrote:... note that I turned 30 this year.

Taking this question seriously...
Few things make me feel old, (and I'm only 63), but top of the list is young peoples naivety and expectations, as exhibited here by such questions as "I've been producing for 2 minutes and can't seem to get my tracks as loud as [fill in the blank]. How do I...".
My son often makes me feel old (and astounds me) by his ignorance/lack of general knowledge, along with his expectaion that Plan B is never required (it always is!). And he has a Masters in Aeronautical Engineering! Hey ho.
Bandcamp - Soundcloud
Atari STE (4MBytes), Cubase Score 2, Tascam 244, Alessis MiniVerb, BOSS RDD-20, &tc...

Chris Walton
KVRAF

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:05 am

That's probably a cyclical thing. At 18, I was amazed at the naivety of 14 years olds. Now, I'm frustrated at the naivety of 18 year olds. Give me another 10 to 15 years and I'll probably be rolling my eyes at 30 year olds. And so on and so on.

samsam
KVRAF
2248 posts since 9 Dec, 2008

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:43 am

###
Last edited by samsam on Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnX
KVRAF
4131 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:59 am

Chris Walton wrote: At 18, I was amazed at the naivety of 14 years olds.
Girls mainly, as i recall....or was that chase... :lol:

melomood
KVRist
331 posts since 15 Oct, 2017 from U.S.

Post Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:02 pm

Chris Walton wrote:And speaking of "I miss the old KVR", it's interesting to see what has changed and what hasn't. From cursory browsing of the threads in Instruments, Effects, and Hosts, that part hasn't changed at all, it's just different product names. Biggest change there is probably that I have no interest in shitposting there like I used to :scared:. HPC is also the same weekly-pruned toxic madness it has always been :hihi:. Off topic feels much slower than it used to, which is a shame.

There are people I recognized immediately. Hink, obviously :hug:. But also whyterabbyt's delicious snark was nice to see again. Quite a few others too (don't feel insulted if I didn't mention you please). Meffy is missing and I see he seems to have just up and disappeared at some point. Good ol' slainte pHz too, though even earlier. Chase seems to check in about as often as I do at this point, as does vurt.

It's weird that I keep coming back here occasionally, even after all this time, because I've now been a non-regular for much longer than I was a KVR regular (2005-2008). And yet, every 3-18 months or so, I get this urge to check in again, which lasts for a brief while before I fade away once more. In a way, it's like visiting a town you used to live in many years earlier. There are the familiar buildings, but also new buildings; different people walking the streets. Somebody else owns the ice cream store, but the italian restaurant on the other side of the street is still run by the same dude, just with more gray hair. It all looks very familiar and yet eerily foreign at the same time, even more foreign than some completely unknown place, probably precisely because of the contrast between the old known and the new unknown.

Or something.

I had a point to make when I started writing this, but it got lost along the way and I ended up writing some not-really-intellectual pretend-philosophical crap. So, in that sense, nothing changed. :clown:

----

TL;DR: I'm probably gonna disappear again soon, and then come back 3-18 months later to once again wax poetic in a most annoying fashion.

I'd still love it if Ben were to merge the different usernames back into the old "arke", though.
You thirtysomethings are adorable

rp314
KVRAF
2314 posts since 25 Mar, 2006 from The city by the bay

Post Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:39 pm

Pastoral

When I was younger
it was plain to me
I must make something of myself.
Older now
I walk back streets
admiring the houses
of the very poor:
roof out of line with sides
the yards cluttered
with old chicken wire, ashes,
furniture gone wrong;
the fences and outhouses
built of barrel staves
and parts of boxes, all,
if I am fortunate,
smeared a bluish green
that properly weathered
pleases me best of all colors.

No one
will believe this
of vast import to the nation.

-William Carlos Williams

donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR
5501 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from the grimness of yorkshire

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:22 pm

The years have not been kind to Mr Rudess.
tmfc.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jancivil
KVRAF
17945 posts since 20 Oct, 2007 from No Location

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:33 pm

Googly Smythe wrote:
Chris Walton wrote:... note that I turned 30 this year.

Taking this question seriously...
Few things make me feel old, (and I'm only 63), but top of the list is young peoples naivety and expectations, as exhibited here by such questions as "I've been producing for 2 minutes and can't seem to get my tracks as loud as [fill in the blank]. How do I...".
My son often makes me feel old (and astounds me) by his ignorance/lack of general knowledge, along with his expectaion that Plan B is never required (it always is!). And he has a Masters in Aeronautical Engineering! Hey ho.
For me one of the great movie lines was "A plan is a list of things which doesn't happen."

I liked the 'been producing for five years and still have no Producer Name'. A whole thing here, tail wags the dog; how do I get popular but quick even though I have yet to do anything of note; naming things more important than the thing itself... what is a thing-in-itself anymore. People go to a concert and cannot experience it without the phone-camera and insta-sharing, there is no moment to live in anymore, it evaporates in favor of a copy of it.

aMUSEd
KVRAF
30718 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:51 pm

donkey tugger wrote:The years have not been kind to Mr Rudess.
tmfc.jpg
Sorry but the image of PM May handling cock like Jordan Rudess is deeply disturbing !!

Return to “Off Topic”