Syntronik Instruments... which is the better buy?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fleer wrote:Same position here but opposite conclusion. Galaxy is Andromeda reincarnated. Probably due to their developer being one and the same.
We also had another person from the hardware team for the Andromeda do presets for Galaxy in Syntronik and they also posted this great demo of it:
https://soundcloud.com/taiho-yamada/ik- ... amada-demo

In another post about it, he stated:
I’m extremely grateful to have contributed just over 50 presets to IK Multimedia's Syntronik plug-in collection, specifically for their Galaxy instrument, which is based on the Alesis Andromeda. Galaxy accurately captures the power and depth of the Andromeda, while also pushing its classic analog sound in new and modern directions.
As an added bonus, working on Syntronik provided an opportunity for a welcome reunion with keyboard visionary, Erik Norlander, who managed this massive project. It’s been great to collaborate with him on multiple synths over the years, including both the original Andromeda and this latest tribute.

Oh and by the way for those interested, we now have Syntronik available on iPad:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrZdfrwyMWk

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Oh and by the way for those interested, we now have Syntronik available on iPad:
Not Android ?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Oh and by the way for those interested, we now have Syntronik available on iPad:
Not Android ?
Not at this time, no.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:
Not Android ?
Not at this time, no.
Ok. Thanks.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I don't think it's just IK that is prioritizing iPad for creative music apps, but the entire music industry seems headed that way.

I bought an Android tablet 5 years ago, and have watched as all the cool toys for tablets were released as iOS only ever since...

The only Apple device I own is an iPod, but if I ever get another tablet it will be an iPad, even if it is a used one.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:I don't think it's just IK that is prioritizing iPad for creative music apps, but the entire music industry seems headed that way.

I bought an Android tablet 5 years ago, and have watched as all the cool toys for tablets were released as iOS only ever since...

The only Apple device I own is an iPod, but if I ever get another tablet it will be an iPad, even if it is a used one.
It also has a lot to do with a major audio processing bug being shuffled around without resolution for years on Android OS (which was the reason we created iRig UA + AmpliTube UA). Unfortunately for Android users, iOS had a huge head start and why you don't see a lot of the heavy hitters jumping into the Android music fray.

Legendary Synth Powerhouse? Did I go rip van winkle for 30 years? Or can you become a Legend in 2 weeks now? Where is the get off my lawn emoji.

Anyhow sarcasm to the ultra dramatic and overstated hyperbole aside, I'm more interested in the mobile version. Wasn't really interested in the Legendary Native thing.

I am also disappointed with the Android audio engine situation. In every other way they are superior devices. I can't stand the echo system for iPads. It is a phone OS and it shows. There are so many times I use it and wish desperately that it would be on a proper OS with a file system etc..
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:Legendary Synth Powerhouse? Did I go rip van winkle for 30 years? Or can you become a Legend in 2 weeks now? Where is the get off my lawn emoji.

Anyhow sarcasm to the ultra dramatic and overstated hyperbole aside, I'm more interested in the mobile version. Wasn't really interested in the Legendary Native thing.

I am also disappointed with the Android audio engine situation. In every other way they are superior devices. I can't stand the echo system for iPads. It is a phone OS and it shows. There are so many times I use it and wish desperately that it would be on a proper OS with a file system etc..
The synths featured/sampled in the product are indeed legendary. Hope that helps clarify the intent of that tagline.

Yes, it is unfortunate that Android OS is far behind iOS. The fact that Samsung (and IK, and others) had to take matters into their own hands to rectify long-running audio issues on the OS was not a good sign that audio was a priority on Android. Things are moving forward now, but there's some catching up to be done.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: The synths featured/sampled in the product are indeed legendary. Hope that helps clarify the intent of that tagline.
I got the intentional ambiguity in the statement...
Throw the Yule log on Uncle John.
Yes, it is unfortunate that Android OS is far behind iOS. The fact that Samsung (and IK, and others) had to take matters into their own hands to rectify long-running audio issues on the OS was not a good sign that audio was a priority on Android. Things are moving forward now, but there's some catching up to be done.
Yeah, I hope so. I was hopeful that IOS 11 might address some of the issues with using a phone OS on a tablet, but alas no.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

So IK had this contest going on this month to win a free copy of Syntronik... kind of like the One Synth challenge, using only the free version of Syntronik. I participated... not really to win but more to get a better feel of the individual instruments available. I was quite impressed with using Syntronik as a basic overall synth module with different sounds. I thought it would be better to get 1 instrument library with a focus, but now Im eager to hear more of the instruments. Syntronik really has a great depth about it. I really could see using more than just the SAM or the Ob. The juno & the Waldolf PG emus really had something special & nice about them.

Anyways.... here is a video of me playing my contest entry. Sorry, I synched this video on my Android phone & Im new to such things so the audio is a little ofd from the video, bit you get the point. Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/oF8QO2KskbA
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “Instruments”