Best EDM virtual synth 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which one of vst synths you guys play recently you love enough to consider as 'best'.My favorite:
1.Sylenth1
2.Synthmaster one
3.Tal noisemaker

icarus
falcon
bazille

Since the topic includes 2017,
I may not list here such great "old" classics like FM8, IMPOSCAR2, SYLENTH1. These are here for many years and mainly they gui changed.
I rather mention the
new Rob Papen stuff, new U-he and KV331 stuff and of course Avenger.

Shit, edm is kinda broad. Covers a lot of ground. Some synths are weaker or strong in differents ways.

Additive:
Synclavier (love the way i can edit the individual partials)

Subtractive:
Dune 2 (having 8 layers ,you can control every specific sound)
Spire ( very similair architecture to access virus)

FM:
Dexed: free and most authentic DX7 emulation to date

wavetable:
PPG WaveGenerator (this is like a modern waveterm)

Modular:
Reaktor , i can make sounds that is not possible to make on any other synth
VCV Rack - free , and much better than Softube imo ,i can connect cables and drag modules (Eurorack)
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

The one you like the most for this genre.

EDM wise I'm mainly into Deep and Soulful House plus some liquid DnB and I'm always coming back to Synthmaster 2.8 for the meat and potatoes even though I didn't find too many useful presets in the factory or add-on banks and have to program most of my sounds from scratch.

The best one is the one you master, simple as that.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Serum. I used it in both tracks released so far - that is progressive house and psy. I often use it for trance as it's simply awesome all-around synth. Recently also downloaded great presets from Cymatics for dubstep, electro and other modern stuff - still awesome.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

When talking EDM I think slicers and whacked effects so i would lean more to favorite effects than synths for it.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Best EDM virtual synths 2017 on KVR ≠ best EDM virtual synths 2017.

This may be more target-aimed: http://equipboard.com/

To rephrase the topic, what synthesizers made in 2017 are best for synthesizer music?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

NI Massive will do a good job for any genre of dance IMO, across instrument/timbre types. Bass, leads, pads, effect, sweeps, wooshes etc.

Then there are synths that especially do one thing really well. FM, pads, acid, formant, supersaw, kick drums etc.

Notwithstanding tastes etc.

deastman wrote:To rephrase the topic, what synthesizers made in 2017 are best for synthesizer music?
Uh...Synthmaster One
Halion6 came out...Thats a Sampler Hybrid However.
RayBlaster2
Waverazor?

Nothing IMO really Groundbreaking. Mabye a VST synth GEM will come out of the Fall and Holiday Season

(EDIT: Blue3 is 2017 new i think, Had forgotten about it. I hear its pretty Good. I think its an Organ however)
Last edited by Impodiam on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Instruments”