Distorted Dimension - (Semi-)Dark Ambient

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:evil: :D I wish everyone a nice weekend (if you have one)
https://soundcloud.com/user-790535032/d ... -dimension

Liked this. Good sound and I loved the instrumentation. Had a similar feel as Arvo Part - 'Tabula Rasa'.
If you haven't heard it, I highly recommend it.
EDIT - had another listen and I really like this! Wondered why I thought of Tabula Rasa so I started listening to it to find they both use the same modal scale. I love the sound of that scale (whichever one it is).
Cheers, do more of this. ;)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:Liked this. Good sound and I loved the instrumentation. Had a similar feel as Arvo Part - 'Tabula Rasa'.
If you haven't heard it, I highly recommend it.
EDIT - had another listen and I really like this! Wondered why I thought of Tabula Rasa so I started listening to it to find they both use the same modal scale. I love the sound of that scale (whichever one it is).
Cheers, do more of this. ;)
Thank you. It's played in a harmonic dorian tuning.
I experiment with different tunings and like what you can get behind ET. Next one will be a "cluster" tuning.

I've mostly experimented with strictly synth based compositions but have been wanting to get more into orchestral stuff... what sample libraries did you use for this or what which libraries would you recommend?

jeffswitzer wrote:I've mostly experimented with strictly synth based compositions but have been wanting to get more into orchestral stuff... what sample libraries did you use for this or what which libraries would you recommend?
For this i used from Spectrasonics Omnisphere 2 and Keyscape for the acoustic instruments.
Normally i wouldn´t use Omnisphere for strings but i have all my .tun files imported in Omnisphere and it´s more easy for me to load up any scale/tuning and lock it while browsing trough patches/sound sources.
If i use orchestrial parts in ET-tuning i would use Kontakt instruments like The Orchestra, Heavyocity´s stuff f.e. My prefered solo strings are from Virharmonic (Bohemian Violin and Cello, UVI instrument) and Emotional Cello from Harmonic Subtones (Kontakt instrument). Don´t used any of this stuff here.
I can tune my UVI libraries and Kontakt too i think but it´s not so a nice workflow and
These are all on the expensive side and if you don´t need that stuff often i wouldn´t buy it.
The synth parts are made with U-he Zebra, ACE and Diva since they also offer all easy .tun file import to play along together in any tuning.
A bit Chromaphone 2 was used too which is a physical modeling synth but can sound very organic too and some iOS tools from my iPhone like Mitosynth (a kind of vector synthesis on steroids).
For FX i used mainly B2 reverb (2CAudio).
So while i like it more and more to play with different tunings i prefer tools which let me simple import .tun files like tools from Spectrasonics and U-he.
For synth i would prefer P900 and Zeeon (iOS) which are for me the best sounding synths to date...for me at least. But they are sadly not tunable.
I hope Repro-5 comes soon which can import .tun files too then.

Very cool and just a tad unsettling.... :)
Well done!
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

An interesting mix of sounds. I would think your efforts and interest could take you into sountrack effect music.

Quite original I’d say!

Return to “Music Cafe”