Native access?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am finding this app to not be access but destruction. Unknown errors when installing removing plugins from folders without any indiciation of what happened. Having to use a 3rd party tool to fix regs settings. Still it goes on still cannot my plugins to work. It says k5 not installed but it is i was using 5.6.8 2 minutes ago. Plugins needing reactivated what if i had no internet access. Thought this app was supposed to solve issues like these not create them

It's probably your fault. Maybe this thread helps:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=491523&p=6879303#p6879303
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:It's probably your fault.
It probably is. Because it works here just fine on 2 computers.

chk071 wrote:
fmr wrote:It's probably your fault.
It probably is. Because it works here just fine on 2 computers.
Ive trien more than that, in OS X (several versions) in Windows 7 and Windows 10, I've installed, uninstalled and reinstalled things, and everything worked as it was supposed to. And I never even read any instructions. I just followed what dictates my experience and common sense.
Fernando (FMR)

boombaxx wrote:I am finding this app to not be access but destruction. Unknown errors when installing removing plugins from folders without any indiciation of what happened. Having to use a 3rd party tool to fix regs settings. Still it goes on still cannot my plugins to work. It says k5 not installed but it is i was using 5.6.8 2 minutes ago. Plugins needing reactivated what if i had no internet access. Thought this app was supposed to solve issues like these not create them
It has been horrible for me too, mostly winding up looking for work-arounds to bypass it's inability to complete anything. And now NI has removed those work-arounds and implemented new ones they work hard to hide from everyone. Which means they're well aware it causes problems for a great many and probably don't care.

This last week has got me stripping off whatever I easily can do without from them. They have slated themselves for an eventual and mostly Komplete removal from my system. All because of Access (and they're demands of making everyone use it - whether it works or not).
Way to shoot yourself in the foot guys.

When it first came out, Native Access was a garbage fire. It was streamlined to a fault, and even then it didn't always work. (My own issues with it not being able to install some of my NI products on a brand-new OS image are documented on the NI forum.) NI has made some big improvements since that time (for example, they brought back the ability to display release notes before you install an update), but it still isn't as reliable as the old Service Center was for me (downloads frequently fail, forcing me to retry later), and it might never have all the same features (like offline activation).

I am still one who sees Native Access as a step backward from Service Center, but at least it finally usually seems to work for me.

Its a komplete joke, the amount of times it randomly installs on windows without all the right files is unbelievable, you try to uninstall in control panel and it just says "this is not installed properly, shall i remove from programs" yet it is still showing as installed in native access, unable to uninstall or update, in to the registry to fix.
Duh

I had great issues with it too. It essentially nuked all installed VSTs (Komplete Ultimate) and I had to reinstall everything. I think the root cause of all evil is if you don't set the plugin path right at the start. If you have already installed elsewhere, Native Access seems to get horribly confused and can't install properly.

At least some of the products required me to manually uninstall them from the Control Panel after I'd set the VST path in Native Access to get them to work.

Even after fixing most of the issues, I had to use Service Center to download and install Guitar Rig, which was stuck in demo mode. It was impossible to install with Native Access. NI provided exactly zero support.

I was not the only one with Guitar Rig issue either.

Hi i have tried to update reaktor blocks and kontakt and a few others on more than one occasion. It fails everytime. I set the vst folder right at the start because i use a custom folder for my vst. I always get unkwown errors ?. It has repeated the same kontakt 1 gig download 4 or 5 times it installs it restart and it is not installed again eh?

UltimateOutsider wrote:I am still one who sees Native Access as a step backward from Service Center, but at least it finally usually seems to work for me.
No, you're not the only one. It's garbage. I've never been able to do anything with it. Every time I've tried to update, it literally f**ks everything up, and there's no option to repair anything. What makes everything worse, is that the Native Instruments installer pukes files in every corner of of the file system so manual uninstalls of broken paths are are even harder to do. I never had these problems with the Service Center. I'm glad at least some people are able to use Native Access, but for me, it's the worst piece of shit update software I've ever used. And people complain about Waves Update Center? Jesus...
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:What makes everything worse, is that the Native Instruments installer pukes files in every corner of of the file system so manual uninstalls of broken paths are are even harder to do.
Paths where stuff is placed didn't change between SC and NA - in the background exactly the same installers are used. NI is just following MS guidelines on where what kind of data should go, so yes, you will get uninstallers in ProgramData because that's how InstallShield works, you will get factory data in Common Files\Native Instruments because that's where it's supposed to go, you will get all the database stuff in AppData\Local\Native Instruments because that's where it's supposed to go as well, and you will get the NKS stuff installed to Public folder because it's supposed to be installed for all users. It is NOT a good practice to put everything in Program Files (this is where just the standalone executables and documentation is supposed to go), so NI doesn't do it. As per MS guidelines.

None of this changed because of Native Access, it's all how it used to be years before, going back to Kore and even before it.

Wow... it seems I'm one of the rare lucky guys, that never had any issue with it. I even find it better than the Service Center. Maybe it's more stable on Mac, for whatever reason.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I must be one lucky bastard because I've never had any problem with Native Instruments copy protection schemes. Service Center - no problems. Native Access - no problems. Even back when they had their software on copy protected CDs (those silly bumps in the plastic) - never one single problem.

Every time there's something fishy - it's me moving around plugins to different folders. Simple to fix though.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

ProgramData is just a predefined folder destination for installshield,
it is not compulsory to use it. Even as a default, typically you would
group things in a unique directory, rather than clogging things up
with tons of flagged, product coded files.

Sorry, a well planned and considerate installation is not going to
resemble what NI has done at all.

-Cheers

For me Native Access is a big step backwards as I have no Internet connection on my studio computer and Native Access does not offer any offline options where Service Center did.
So for me NI is basically a dead end now. I'll use what I have (Komplete 9, Kontakt 5.6.6) and not update or buy anything new from them as long as possible.

Return to “Instruments”