Ohm Force website down?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:They made a daw? Didnt know that :?
http://www.ohmstudio.com/
Ye, and it was terrible (I beta'd from initial Alpha right till the end), so hard to work with, very limited, little user input was considered and at the end of it, after release, they went subscription, at which point I bolted like a stabbed rat. After that they went to this weird buy the app but pay subscription for online hosting BS. They totally lost the plot imo, c'est la vie :roll:
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Ye, and it was terrible (I beta'd from initial Alpha right till the end), so hard to work with, very limited, little user input was considered and at the end of it, after release, they went subscription, at which point I bolted like a stabbed rat. After that they went to this weird buy the app but pay subscription for online hosting BS. They totally lost the plot imo, c'est la vie :roll:
Oh well, at least they were great once, more than most of us ever managed :tu:

GeorgeZ wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Lol. They cant seriously think someone would pay for that? Atleast their plugins are good.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

so many devs licking their lips at the prospect of a subscription, perpetual-pay model .... they all deserve to fail. no sympathy.

subscription only works for the likes of Adobe because they can brute-force the model, and no doubt it costs them alot of enthusiast/novice/amateur business but I guess they are embedded deeply enough in the professional industry that it doesn't matter.

Didn't one of the Ohmies post here saying they were planning on bringing their FX into the modern era? I hope they do come back one day, forget that DAW crap, and start making killer effects again.

I still have a soft spot for them, because they were truly pioneers in the early days :hug:

audiosabre wrote:Didn't one of the Ohmies post here saying they were planning on bringing their FX into the modern era? I hope they do come back one day, forget that DAW crap, and start making killer effects again.

I still have a soft spot for them, because they were truly pioneers in the early days :hug:
I remember this being the case indeed. The DAW was a probably a total failure, imho, simply because it was a solution looking for a problem. And honestly, the times I have seen their website and the DAW website down just does not instill any confidence in buying any cloud based subscription products from them.

Their fx on the other hand are still among my favorites.
No signature here!

Return to “Effects”