Audio Assault Druminator...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Druminator

So, I had 9 bucks burning a hole in my pocket and opted to give this a
go. It's pretty decent, a nice UI, good sounds (not that they will top the usual
suspects), but not bad. The Mixer is handy, it's effects are good, EQ, comp,
reverb and what seems to be transient control. All of them offer decent levels of control
and sound. It comes with 7 preset kits, although a few are just variations.
Unfortunately, you cannot load your own samples, as they using a proprietary format.

The midi mapping is nice, pretty handy if you like to use step sequencers like
the HY-Plugins offerings or AD's Axon, which can be difficult to set up for drums.
CPU impact is minimal, it brings no latency.

All in all, I think its definitely worth the intro price. Looks like it's designed to
accept expansions, no doubt the reason for the bait intro pricing.

Do you need this, unlikely... Do you want it, possibly. I love drum plugins
and have a ton of them, so for me its a fine deal.

https://audio-assault.com/products/druminator

-Cheers

I bought it before the "Official" release date. Indeed it does sound nice and the GUI looks fine. For 9 bucks its absolutely worth it. If not for one MAJOR drawback. I don't know if its a bug or maybe an issue in the coding somewhere, but its eats 95 to 100 percent CPU just upon load. While in beta, I just chalked it up to it not being the final release version so I updated each time with hopes of the CPU issue being worked out. Unfortunately, I have the most recent official release and its not fixed yet... at least for myself. Im using it on Windows 10 Pro with an I7 and 32 gb Ram for what its worth.

I'm really hoping this is fixed in the future though as I Love everything about the idea and really would like to use it on hard rock and metal tracks. For 9 bucks I'm not too upset about it being unusable as I'm sure the developer will be able to find the issue and squash it in future updates. If the CPU issue gets worked out this one will be a real steal for those who record rock or metal so I hope for the best!
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Sadly, while I haven't seen any cpu issues, I did find that it has some serious
bugs centered around the multi-out functionality, when I actually tried it
in some hosts other than Reaper. All of them in fact.

So, unless you use Reaper, or want to save some cash and bet that AA
will fix these issues, probably best to avoid (for now anyway).

-Cheers

Seems to be working great for me here in Cubase 9, Mac.
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.

It really is a nice little plugin. I can say that the developer is keen on
investigating and fixing any problems. Maybe it will work for you,
maybe not, currently, as there is no demo, it will cost anyone $9 bucks
to find out. Reaper is probably a safe bet, as it seems to be the main
DAW used during its development (at least on windows).

-Cheers

A steal for 9 bucks! Thanks for the heads up on this, pekbro.

This actually sounds pretty good for the cost, however it is the worst UI i have seen for a very very very long time, not only are the dials small (I can live with that) but they are so similar in color to the background it is near unreadable here.
Duh

i wonder why various developers keep reinventing the wheel and investing their effort in creating yet another proprietary drum sampler nobody asked for, instead of using one of many samplers available. i mean, surely the licensing cost can't be higher than the cost of developing and maintaining your own solution, right?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Which many samplers ?
Most of them don't support the features needed for a good drum library, and Kontakt is just off the chain for licencing
Duh

Burillo wrote:i wonder why various developers keep reinventing the wheel and investing their effort in creating yet another proprietary drum sampler nobody asked for, instead of using one of many samplers available. i mean, surely the licensing cost can't be higher than the cost of developing and maintaining your own solution, right?
Maybe they want to be future-proof, control their own destiny,
increase their coding skills, and build a foundation for
their own future expansions? Samplers are not static round objects.
Sure, kontakt exists, but why should everyone just quit?
Amplitube has been out for 15 years, and I'm glad to see
every new amp-sim, which in turn keep the heat and pressure
on a market leader, and as customers, our choices
keep getting better.

All the new devs could throw in the towel, and sing oldies
by the campfire, but thankfully, that's not human nature :hyper:

Hi, any issues please e-mail me, working on getting everything smooth on other hosts.

It's actually pretty usable in other hosts if you only use 6 or 7 outputs,
only the last one seems to have a problem.

Just sayin...

bungle wrote:Which many samplers ?
Most of them don't support the features needed for a good drum library, and Kontakt is just off the chain for licencing
you mean EZDrummer, Superior Drummer, Addictive Drums and BFD don't support "the features needed for a good drum library"? when i said "drum samplers", i didn't mean Kontakt.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

glokraw wrote:
Burillo wrote:i wonder why various developers keep reinventing the wheel and investing their effort in creating yet another proprietary drum sampler nobody asked for, instead of using one of many samplers available. i mean, surely the licensing cost can't be higher than the cost of developing and maintaining your own solution, right?
Maybe they want to be future-proof, control their own destiny,
increase their coding skills, and build a foundation for
their own future expansions? Samplers are not static round objects.
Sure, kontakt exists, but why should everyone just quit?
Amplitube has been out for 15 years, and I'm glad to see
every new amp-sim, which in turn keep the heat and pressure
on a market leader, and as customers, our choices
keep getting better.

All the new devs could throw in the towel, and sing oldies
by the campfire, but thankfully, that's not human nature :hyper:
All of that's fine, but, not really a valid reason to release substandard products.

has anyone figured out multi-out? im using mixcraft

Return to “Instruments”