What exactly is Oeksound Soothe?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I read around about this plugin but I can't understand in what it is different from others. :neutral:

:borg:

Correct me if I'm wrong but at its heart is a dynamic EQ customised to reduce sharp resonances.

You could achieve the same thing with any good dynamic EQ and a keen eye but the real point of difference with Soothe is the automatic resonance detection.

Expensive

A spectral processor for suppressing resonances in the mid and high frequencies. :)

I've been at this game for a long time and there nothing that I have tried in terms of dessers (EIOSIS, UA, Waves), dynamic EQ (Melda, Waves) , BX Refinement, deharshers etc that can achieve the results you get with this on a variety of source material. - Scotty

MogwaiBoy wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but at its heart is a dynamic EQ customised to reduce sharp resonances.

You could achieve the same thing with any good dynamic EQ and a keen eye but the real point of difference with Soothe is the automatic resonance detection.

Scotty wrote:I've been at this game for a long time and there nothing that I have tried in terms of dessers (EIOSIS, UA, Waves), dynamic EQ (Melda, Waves) , BX Refinement, deharshers etc that can achieve the results you get with this on a variety of source material. - Scotty
Try SoundBrigade, does a great job and is very reasonably priced. It can do even more than Soothe.

Reefius wrote:
Scotty wrote:I've been at this game for a long time and there nothing that I have tried in terms of dessers (EIOSIS, UA, Waves), dynamic EQ (Melda, Waves) , BX Refinement, deharshers etc that can achieve the results you get with this on a variety of source material. - Scotty
Try SoundBrigade, does a great job and is very reasonably priced. It can do even more than Soothe.
Could you give an example?
It's easy if you know how

simmo75 wrote:Expensive
Beat me to it. :tu:

Uniquely useful plugin that has already paid for itself in a single week of mastering. Saved me hours on some problematic tracks and is far more effective and controllable than my previous resonance controller MDynamicEQ.

If you work a lot with other peoples material, whether mixing or mastering, this plugin is an absolute godsend.

I would welcome offline render quality settings as the process is quite cpu intensive, but I am super impressed.

I don't agree with the price comments. Compared to some plugs I could mention (FG-Stress for a start) it's cheap!

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

djscorb wrote:Uniquely useful plugin that has already paid for itself in a single week of mastering. Saved me hours on some problematic tracks and is far more effective and controllable than my previous resonance controller MDynamicEQ.

If you work a lot with other peoples material, whether mixing or mastering, this plugin is an absolute godsend.

I would welcome offline render quality settings as the process is quite cpu intensive, but I am super impressed.

I don't agree with the price comments. Compared to some plugs I could mention (FG-Stress for a start) it's cheap!

Cheers

Scorb
I agree, it has been indispensable for me for postproduction work.
It's easy if you know how

djscorb wrote:Uniquely useful plugin that has already paid for itself in a single week of mastering. Saved me hours on some problematic tracks and is far more effective and controllable than my previous resonance controller MDynamicEQ.

Cheers

Scorb
Yes and even on own material, some synths can get really resonant peaky, just have soothe on them (on mixing phase, its way too heavy on high realtime settings, I think I can run 3 on my i7-4960) and ohh the mix has much smoother feeling.

Not to talk about vocals either.. this thing has saved SO MUCH TIME.
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Yeah definitely. I can see this getting plenty of use in the mix on sounds employing random modulation etc.

Great plug in! :)
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Reefius wrote:
Not to be a debbie downer here but imho SoundBrigade is nowhere near as good as Soothe. Not even in the same league.. at least not for resonance suppression duties.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Cheers

Scorb
.. what he said. It's paid itself pretty much instantly.

This will most likely become a future classic. A true secret weapon of the people in the know.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Return to “Effects”