Does this have any potential? (Noob)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edit: updated a little bit. https://soundcloud.com/sucklord5000/war ... intro-only

I haven't produced in about a year due to demotivation and personal crap but am trying again. Made this a couple nights ago, might finish it if it is worthwhile.

https://soundcloud.com/sucklord5000/warmth-wip

Please let me know what you think. Critique definitely welcome, I know it is still missing many elements, if you have suggestions please help a noob out!

Cheers! :hug: :party:
Last edited by shonoob on Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not to my taste, but sounds good. Worth finishing for sure.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Not to my taste, but sounds good. Worth finishing for sure.
It is quite cheesy pop. I might drop it a few semitones to make it sound a little less colorful.

Thank you very much

I like it very much, very cheerful, bring back some memories, work on it for sure, I will keep my eye on the progress, really like what I hear, especially if that brings back some pleasant memories and make me feel warm around the heart.

And please don't be hard on yourself and make music you really feel deep inside, world needs more music like that, there's plenty of people around sick and tired of majority of shallow flavor of month copy paste music out there and appreciate tunes like this that makes them feel nostalgic and warm, so just go with it, it's great.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zexila wrote:I like it very much, very cheerful, bring back some memories, work on it for sure, I will keep my eye on the progress, really like what I hear, especially if that brings back some pleasant memories and make me feel warm around the heart.

And please don't be hard on yourself and make music you really feel deep inside, world needs more music like that, there's plenty of people around sick and tired of majority of shallow flavor of month copy paste music out there and appreciate tunes like this that makes them feel nostalgic and warm, so just go with it, it's great.
Thank you very much!! I appreciate it mate, I really do. I forget myself what music 'means', it is hard to explain, but when i listen to something too long I develop a fatigued ear so I appreciate your words more than you can imagine.

I am also very critical of myself so I will try to finish it. :hug: :party:
Vortifex wrote:Nice bit of feelgood music. Definitely finish it. A female vocal would go really well with this.
Thank you very much. I will finish it matey. Is it difficult to add a female vocal? I am not sure how to match it to the instrumental, do I just transpose the key of the vocal to the key of the track, then it will sound well together?

Thanks again guys!

shonoob wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Not to my taste, but sounds good. Worth finishing for sure.
It is quite cheesy pop. I might drop it a few semitones to make it sound a little less colorful.

Thank you very much

that is why I like it, reminds me of Alphaville a lot too. I actually turned it up after it started and that is always a good sign. I would lower it it, like you said and see how it sounds though.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

ATS wrote:
shonoob wrote:

Thank you very much

that is why I like it, reminds me of Alphaville a lot too. I actually turned it up after it started and that is always a good sign. I would lower it it, like you said and see how it sounds though.
Wow alphaville. That is very cool, haha! :party:

Cheers mate

I updated it a little bit. Added a bit of an intro and Made the mix of kicks a bit better but I think the other elements might have become more muddy.

Anyone have any advice/critique?

https://soundcloud.com/sucklord5000/war ... intro-only

Thank you!!! :party: :hug: :phones:

Return to “Music Cafe”