recommend me a plugin for granular synthesis/mangling

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just bought PadshopPro (Steinberg)...
Really cool and inspiring!

I really like Melda's. So flexible.

I wont rave about the interface. While it is powerful, it is not that intuitive, and the simple version they've implemented, just rarely works for me.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Inear Display - Litote
]Audio Thing - The Orb

Or the CM versions ...
Thats a formant filter isnt it?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

thanks for the replies! im trying out granite now :)

martinjuenke wrote:Just bought PadshopPro (Steinberg)...
Yeah great synth, just wish it would get some love from Steinberg

aMUSEd wrote:
Yep, they pretty much abandoned it with no more feature updates, wouldn't count on them for that. Still, a very amazing granular synth sound wise, its granular engine is very powerful.

Neon Breath wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Yep, they pretty much abandoned it with no more feature updates, wouldn't count on them for that. Still, a very amazing granular synth sound wise, its granular engine is very powerful.
Is everything not updated within the last 24 months abandoned? Urs Heckmann and Native Instruments (just to name a few) would disagree!

martinjuenke wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Is everything not updated within the last 24 months abandoned? Urs Heckmann and Native Instruments (just to name a few) would disagree!
When was the last feature update for Padshop? (Genuine update, not just some compatibility maintenance to keep the sells)

....2012. That's not what I call constant support and updates.

Neon Breath wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
When was the last feature update for Padshop? (Genuine update, not just some compatibility maintenance to keep the sells)

....2012. That's not what I call constant support and updates.
Is Massive (NI) abandoned?

Hello to all of you.

I didn´t want to start a new topic so I write here in hope of help. My problem: As a Cubase user it is very hard to find a very good VST Grain Synthesis Sampler/ Synthesizer. They all seem to be out for Abelton Live, Max and what not and many of them aren´t VST compatible.

I really love THE MANGLE. It is so lush and smooth sounding and it makes fantastic ambience Pads it is just beautiful. It has Polyphony and the modulation options are great (it has alone 4 sequencers with 32 steps each as modulation sources - crazy!!!) But this thing freezes my Cubase sessions each time re-opening a project. And it is abandonware. The guy who made one of the best grain samplers out there (in usage, sound and visual design) just doesn´t care about the product, his customers, partners and the fact everybody who uses it loves it. So you can forget about THE MANGLE and his producer.

Therefore now I am looking for a Polyphonic VST replacement for THE MANGLE.

GRANITE...I didn´t fall in love with its sterile sound. PADSHOP sounds thin to my ears I don´t know why...I just don´t like it so much. GLITCHMACHINES POLYGON is (like all their other stuff) a great "machine" but it is monophonic and the grains manipulation isn´t deep enough for my needs.

THE MANGLE is the perfect one...the background and the buggyness of this VST is a pity.

Can you help me finding a perfect replacement for that tool?

Thank you in advance
Greetings

P.S. after seeing Stockhausens videos for Padshop Pro I upgraded it from the basic version...we´ll see if just the Stockhausen Sample libraries are so good or if Padshop is really capable of producing fat and smooth sounds. I will comment on that in a few days. Of course I am aware about the fact that Padshop is abandonware too ;)

okay. As promised....Padshop Pro is bought and I really like it. Has great modulation possibilities and with great samples it sounds amazing. It seems all to be in the sample. I used a new sound set and also field recordings and achieved satisfying results. It does everything MANGLE does and more. I am happy that I upgraded (enables sample import).

Veeery good news for granular fanatics at the end:

Synthmaster will have a granular module with version 3. I asked them and they told that the modulation options will be deep, maybe there could be access for that sampler to all the levels Synthmaster offers anyway? At the moment there is a good chance that this could becomes the greatest granular sampler of all times ;) we'll see. Have joy and never run out of creativity.

Avenger is definitely my favorite at the moment. It sounds really good and you have plenty of control over the granular aspects.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

nichttuntun wrote:okay. As promised....Padshop Pro is bought and I really like it. Has great modulation possibilities and with great samples it sounds amazing. It seems all to be in the sample. I used a new sound set and also field recordings and achieved satisfying results. It does everything MANGLE does and more. I am happy that I upgraded (enables sample import).
There are not many but some quite good soundsets for Padshop on the market...

Hi, can you name them? I got the Zero Pack from Steinberg. It´s nice.

Patchpool aka Simon Stockhausen has three on offer (maybe you can ask him to get a reduced price on level of his black friday sale). He‘s here on KVR with an official site.
The other two soundsets which Steinberg offers are as well done by him.

Return to “Effects”