Goodhertz

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Am interested in the Goodhertz FX plugins. However, I wasn't sure exactly what advantages they'd have over what I've already got. So, if you have positive/negative/indifferent opinions, please post them here.
A well-behaved signature.

I have Faraday Limiter, Vulf Compressor and Lossy.
The GUI is great, the sounds you can get are very creative and top quality. My favorite plugin company at the moment.
I’m waiting for a sale to get more. :love:

I have them all.

There are some that are "just" filters/EQs - they sound amazing. Not sure what is under the hood but they have a nice smooth warm sound. The functionality, although at first glance may look simple, have subtle unique niceties. Try the demos. The others which are more overt effects are also amazing - their sound is unique and useful and the range of effect is wide and diverse. Try the demos.

And the outlyer is CanOpener Studio which is a cross-feed tool for listening on headphones but simulating what it would sound and image like on speakers. its very realistic and natural sounding and I use it every time I use headphones.

Try the demos.

Then, buy them. All.

Heh, thanks guys. I'm interested in the Vulf Comp most of all, followed by Wow Control. Will definitely try the demos, but wanted to hear people's comments as well.

+1 have to agree with plexuss.

- Sound: Faraday and TremControl (my go-to for trem modulation) gets a lot of use here. Vulf can be a beast as well. Definitely worth a spin.

- GUI: Incredibly refreshing to look at a well designed, clean and non-photorealistic GUI with proper perspective. Great functionality as well. Big fan. Two thumbs up. :tu: :tu:

- Improvements: Additions, feature improvements and continued development.

I would put Goodhertz in the same box as Tony from Klanghelm as some of my favourite developers.

PS. Full disclosure I have beta tested for them in the past because I absolutely love what they are bringing to my plugin folder. :phones:
Last edited by transverb on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yeah Butch tell Paul McCartney what to do..." - Dave Grohl, Sound City

duplicate
"Yeah Butch tell Paul McCartney what to do..." - Dave Grohl, Sound City

Yes, those are the most obvious choices, because they're genuinely different.

However, the Tiltshift EQ, for example, is the most transparent way of adjusting the brightness balance for each track without making it sound eq'ed. No ringing, no phase artifacts. Just tilt any track by 1 dB and compare. I haven't found anything like it in all my other EQs, including Pro-Q2. And the HP/LP are in the same class, I couldn't find any negative effects of cutting every track below 20 kHz and above 20 Hz. So that's my default tone shaping before any further surgical EQing now.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Oh and please check their FAQs for the discount. And buy anything you want the first time, because you can't stack coupon codes, but the code and the discount for buying multiple plugins at once do, as far as I remember.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote:because you can't stack coupon codes
The referral coupons I got are stacked in my account. Just sayin...
*They just gave me the total in credit anyway...

TiltShift and TremControl get lots of use here.
TremControl is very flexible and some amaing sounds can be coaxed from it. The presets are excellent too.
The same with TiltShift, a great selection of presets that act as starting points to get your sound where you want it.

Beta-tester & owner of a bunch of them, I'd say that Wow Ctrl is my fav one. It simply does sound amazing. Huge fan of their overall take on plugins, be it the sound itself, the features or the GUI/workflow. Great customer service as well.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

heh, I'm looking forward to a sale too. have u seen their videos? it's awesome.

I'm interested in WOW, tremolo and Wolf compressor.

if u have the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6D9WvwMNr8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bmjz0_L26Y

I believe there is a very well defined "sound" they are looking for. I liked what I heard so much that I bought online music. this was the song (though I think it doesn't sound good on headphones. but on car, it's a very beautiful sound :)):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fOoLVWk4Zg

Yeah, I like the sound in those videos, thx for posting them.

I love the Goodhertz plugins! They have a really unique take. Great sound but also playful and useful. They have a really distinctive blend of analog love and digital possibility. I have almost all of them

My favorite might be LoHi, which combines a resonant filter with a saturating limiter. So you put it on drums, say, and set it to cutoff at maybe 6khz, and you get this great softening saturation on the transients, and also an emphasis on the cymbals. put in on bass at around 3khz and you get this punchy and rounded. it's just extremely cool. They present it as something you'd sweep, and it's great for that, but I tend to use it sort of as a tape sim, softening the highs while also emphasizing at the point where it's cutting off.

Trem control is another great plugin. Every great trem you've ever imagined, plus a couple you never imagined, plus a really well implemented analog vibe section that adds saturation and noise.

I use Vulf a lot, but I think it works best if you're a better engineer than me. It imparts a very distinctive sound, a very cool sound, but if you listen to, say, Vulfpeck a lot you can maybe see what I mean--it's like part of a larger vision of sonics that's old school and sounds great but isn't Hifi. I won't use it in a track where I want an open, clean, wide ranging sound. You can set it to be very light in effect. You can get "celery snapping" transients with it that really get the hats to pop out

Wow Control is my favorite tape sim--Goodhertz markets it like it's an effect, and it can imitate a bad cassette really well, but it's also just a great straight up VTM killer.

I use tilt shift every time I record a guitar direct, to get the eq profile of a typical cab. They have a great preset for it which is easy to adjust to taste.

I use tone control (the "air" is unique) and faraday all the time too. The only downside is I find them to be fairly CPU heavy, especially if you start ticking the "high Quality" button

I use Tilt Shift everywhere because it’s the easiest and cleanest sounding EQ in existence, for some reason I always use it on snares. I love the Panpot for automating sweeps and swooshes. Lohi is what I turn to for hi pass filtering kicks and subs before hitting the drop. I have the limiter and the compressor, but I’m still trying to figure them out in the context of what I do.

One very specific point they make is that every single control can be automated without artifacts.

https://tonal.goodhertz.co/why-automatability-matters/

No zipping sounds, no pops, nothing. The even have dedicated on/off switches that work like a buffered bypass (in the guitar world you can have buffered bypass pedals that don’t pop or click when you turn them on, as opposed to true-bypass pedals that sound great but are terrible for on/off clicking noises.)

Return to “Effects”