Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Klanghelm, Tokyo Dawn and AudioThing for me. Different business models but they all respect their users. They don't quite hit your requirements for a website, but I don't find that so important; they have functional user areas/downloads and are active here on KVR.

Sound-wise and feature-wise I find AudioThing slightly less consistently impressive than the other two, but as their stuff is more creativity-oriented than mix-oriented that's to be expected and taste becomes a bigger factor. They're also generous about upgrading and adding features.

10bd01 wrote:Sonic Charge is a new name for me, e@rs, thx!
You've missed the most amazing/unique developer of audio plugins... :wink:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
e@rs wrote:Sonic Charge
I'll '+1' on that! Permut8 is Goals! :tu:
Echobode is incredible too. Sooooo versatile. :o

e@rs wrote: Echobode is incredible too. Sooooo versatile. :o
I thought the Bitspeak video on their site was pretty impressive.

e@rs wrote:Echobode is incredible too. Sooooo versatile. :o
love EBode also - almost included that one but it's a bit of a CPU hog
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

^I'm really surprised... Echobode a CPU hog? Really?

Wow, Echobode does sound awesome. Thanks, doodz!

:phones:

I would add U-He to the list. Satin and Presswerk are great and the Company is irreproachable, from communication to support, they deserve a 10/10 score.

tappert wrote:I would add U-He to the list. Satin and Presswerk are great and the Company is irreproachable, from communication to support, they deserve a 10/10 score.
Added. Thanks, tappert!

e@rs wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
e@rs wrote:Sonic Charge
I'll '+1' on that! Permut8 is Goals! :tu:
Echobode is incredible too. Sooooo versatile. :o
Tried it when it was first released, but it didn't immediately grab me. Guess I didn't give it much of a chance. Permut8, on the other hand, blew me away. Still does :love: One day I might even learn how to make it do my bidding. Until then, the random button + tweaking gives me a lot of joy.

Gotta love the whole firmware thing, also :o
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In my experience:

Fabfilter (great videos for promoting)
Valhalla (great product, fair price)
U-he (great service, great sound)
Klanghelm (fair price, great sound)
Native instruments, may not have "great" customer service but to me their products have always worked fine, their licensing is very fair (no questions and no fees when transferring and now it is automated), marketing is also fair ( a single sale for individual products along the year).

There are a few companies that I find their marketing intolerable: Slate, Izotope and Waves. Izotope was a complete letdown when I owned some products by them, GUI wise and they spam they hell out of your mail.

I also don't care that much about CPU use, I have never found an effect too hungry, but I also only use lots of effects after bouncing the instruments.
dedication to flying

IMO Fabfilter is the only one that deserves a true 10.

Valhalla, *great* interface?
Tritik, *great* sound?
U-he, *great* website?

I think not. :)

Liero wrote:Tritik, *great* sound?
Hell yeah!

:party: :tu: :borg: :love:

Liero wrote:Valhalla, *great* interface?
Yup! :shrug:

10bd01 wrote:
DJErmac wrote:DMG Audio
Not a lot of things to say on their support though, I don't need it much. The rest is perfect imo.
Actually, DKErmac, that's actually the best support of all. The best customer support is never needing to contact customer support.
(...)
DMG was already high on my radar, now even more so.
I can add a few words on this, because actually I have been in touch with their support, but not for solving problems. I only had several licence transfers with them and all went very well. In both ways. I purchased second hand licence transfers (EQuick, Equilibrium, Compassion), and sold one (EQuick, not needed anymore after I got Equilibrium). But I never had to deal with technical problems. I once had a technical question, something I thought could be a bug, because I didn't understand why it behaves like this, and they answered with the right answer (it was not a bug).
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Return to “Effects”