Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
Audiority
KVRian

614 posts since 15 Nov, 2005, from Italy

Postby Audiority; Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:18 am Audiority Echoes T7E updated to v1.0.1 - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

We are happy to introduce to you our newest effect plugin: Echoes T7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRl8pi6Hl9s&t=21s

Echoes T7E is a faithful recreation of a vintage tube magnetic echo made in Italy in the early ‘60s. This echo effect unit is based on a magnetic spinning drum with both record and playback heads arranged around a recording wire wound around the drum circumference. This solution provides better stability over the usual tape transport with reduced wow and flutter.

Since the main “core” of this effect is based on the above mechanism, we modelled both the mechanics and the electronics. Echoes T7E also provides 3 different playback modes allowing you to set different spinning speed or ever synchronize it to your host tempo extending the original delay length from ~310ms up to ~1100ms.

Specifications
  • Analog Modeled Vintge Tube Echo
  • 3 Playback Modes: Classic, Varispeed and Sync
  • 4 Playback Heads (equally spaced)
  • EM81 “Magic Eye” Tube Level Indicator
  • 3 Echo Modes: Echo, Repeat and Swell
  • 12 Heads combinations
  • Tone, Error and Volume controls for each head
  • Magnetic Drum Age and Speed settings
  • Internal hum noise (for increased realism and self oscillation)
  • VST, AU and AAX (32/64bit)
  • OSX and Windows

Exceptionally, due to upcoming Black Friday, we decided to have a massive intro price on this one.

Intro Price: $29/€29 (until December 1st. Regular price is $45/€45)
Read more: http://www.audiority.com/shop/echoes-t7e/

A personal note
This is my very first analog modeled plugin ever. I put a great effort to get a result as close as possible to the original unit I own. I do really hope you're going to love it as much as I did!

Cheers,
Luca
Last edited by Audiority on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Progsounds | Audiority | Epic SoundLab
Need a Kontakt scripter? Contact me.
pheeleep
KVRAF

2928 posts since 11 Jun, 2003

Postby pheeleep; Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:01 am Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

Sounds Awesome in the video! Congrats!
Play it by ear
tibah
KVRian

1232 posts since 21 Feb, 2010, from Berlin, Germany

Postby tibah; Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:10 am Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

Sounds great. :tu:
Audiority
KVRian

Postby Audiority; Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:24 am Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

Thank you, guys. This was a pretty though one to make. I started working on this on July (along with the other plugins) and the GUI alone took 2 months of modeling, shading and such. Personally, I'm very very happy with the results and I enjoyed the ride, since the making of this plugin forced me to play guitar again after many years. I learned a LOT of Gilmour riffs and solos in the last months and basically destroyed my PF records :lol:
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2032 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:49 am Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

pheeleep wrote:Sounds Awesome in the video! Congrats!

Indeed. I really love the authentic GUI. And listening to your demo, it felt like being in the subterrean missile silo or air-raid shelter. Pretty scary. And did you break the spinning drum by "hand"? - nice detail. Instan buy. :tu:
deastman
KVRAF

6475 posts since 6 Aug, 2003, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby deastman; Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:17 am Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

Nice! I was toying with the idea of getting this upcoming T-Rex replica of the original hardware, but this sounds fantastic and is sooo much cheaper! I’m not sure if I’m up to the task of learning Gilmore riffs, but I’ll be fun to try.
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)
deastman
KVRAF

6475 posts since 6 Aug, 2003, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby deastman; Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:19 am Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

Oh, and great work on the GUI. What did you model and render this with?
Incomplete list of my gear: 110V AC to 12V DC 1.5A power supply (+ tip)
Audiority
KVRian

Postby Audiority; Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:25 am Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

Thanks guys!

@deastman: 3D modeling and rendering has been done in Blender.

Cheers,
Luca
nordickvr
KVRian

668 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Postby nordickvr; Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:03 pm Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

This thing sounds and looks pretty amazing.
Real good balance between tweak ability and ease of use IMHO.
I'm missing the access via CC to the Magnetic Drum (doesn't seem exposed within Logic X).
Or it is and I missed it, or may be technically a bad idea?
Anyway, congrats Luca, really mean it!
Audiority
KVRian

Postby Audiority; Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:40 pm Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

You mean the "drum stop" trick? It's not a parameter, so that's why you can't find it as CC. If I get more requests about that, I'll definitely make it an assignable parameter.

Cheers,
Luca
emasters
KVRist

172 posts since 16 Mar, 2010

Postby emasters; Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:01 pm Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

Audiority wrote:You mean the "drum stop" trick? It's not a parameter, so that's why you can't find it as CC. If I get more requests about that, I'll definitely make it an assignable parameter.

Cheers,
Luca

+1
dark water
KVRian

575 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Postby dark water; Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:14 pm Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

Sounds and looks great Luca. I'm going to buy it.
Good skills!
firepile
KVRian

826 posts since 19 Aug, 2009

Postby firepile; Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:18 pm Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

Audiority wrote:Thank you, guys. This was a pretty though one to make. I started working on this on July (along with the other plugins) and the GUI alone took 2 months of modeling, shading and such. Personally, I'm very very happy with the results and I enjoyed the ride, since the making of this plugin forced me to play guitar again after many years. I learned a LOT of Gilmour riffs and solos in the last months and basically destroyed my PF records :lol:

Nice, but no high DPI support? The GUI is very small on a 4K screen.
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2032 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:21 pm Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

Here is original on sale for € 2000+ - for those who prefer hardware 8) ...really cool

https://reverb.com/p/binson-echorec-2-t7e

"Binson was an Italian manufacturer out of Milan that started in the 1950s and folded in 1982. The company made several iterations of the Echorec delay unit, which used a magnetic disk instead of the usual tape to achieve its echo sounds. Working specimens are extremely rare and highly sought after.
Years of Production: ca. 1960 - 1979"
dark water
KVRian

575 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Postby dark water; Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:26 pm Re: Audiority Echoes T7E - All Tube Italian Magnetic Echo (VST, AU, AAX) - Intro Price

Very cool indeed, though I suspect hard to find replacement parts if needed?

Luca's excellent software effort will easily satisfy my echo longings, and for about 1/60th of the price.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects