Skedaddle!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/skedaddle

Just bought ORCHESTRAL SWARM from SPITFIRE AUDIO, an unusual orchestral sample library that featured in the BBC's Blue Planet II and has also been used by Hans Zimmer.

I really acquired it for its subtle textural potential - adding fluidity and movement to otherwise static, sustained samples, and then I starting using it...

This little piece took just 3 hours from start to finish!
It's 100% ORCHESTRAL SWARM!

I'm NOT a great fan of orchestral sample libraries...an attitude that probably comes from so many years actually playing in real orchestras! :0) But quirky little ones like this, that can enhance a variety of compositional styles, are something else entirely!
Last edited by ChamMusic on Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It's vibrant and original. It sounds like it could be a soundtrack for a nature documentary with animals scurrying around doing cute things (which is a bit different than city streets).

I prefer the conventional parts more than the "grunting" brass sound effects. It doesn't develop in a predictable way but it keeps me engaged for the duration trying to conjure up images to fit the sounds.

The mix is very good. An impressive piece of work. Three hours well spent. :tu:

Yep. I can see a montage of young woodland critters ...or a time lapse city
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

Thanks both for the feedback...always appreciated.

"animals scurrying around doing cute things (which is a bit different than city streets)."

I can hear that. I had serious problems naming this one! Normally I have an idea / picture and write music to fit it. This time I was experimenting with the new sample library and just composed in one huge rush without any plan or forethought!

A few people suggested a busy metropolis scenario...hence the title, but actually your idea of scurrying animals / woodland critters might paint a better picture in my head....hmmm...I may well change the title...thinking...

Done!

Name and image changed...maybe not 100% perfect, but definitely better than my original idea!

Thanks again for the suggestions.

Cool
Don't feed the gators,y'all
https://m.soundcloud.com/tonedeadj

This song kinda reminds me of a sound track from SimCity 4! Sounds like a real organic orchestra!

Thanks Krypto...

"organic orchestra"... I can hear that with all those constantly ebbing and flowing layers...woodwind / brass / strings weave around each other at times.

ChamMusic wrote: Name and image changed
Maybe change the track's URL for consistency?

Impressive how realistic it sounds. I am not into orchestral music, so I could not tell this comes from a DAW rather than a live orchestra :tu:

@Frantz:
Will do!

@fluffy:

Thanks for that, I'm glad it sounded convincing.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Impressive how realistic it sounds. I am not into orchestral music, so I could not tell this comes from a DAW rather than a live orchestra :tu:
This is true. It is both lively and lifelike. I didn't mind the original title, but I can see where Frantz is coming from.

Very clear sound, an an interesting and entertaining composition with some nice melodic touches. It has a very playful character, like a troop of marauding monkeys, holding tourists' valuables for ransom.

Good work :)

Thanks Tim...I can see the marauding monkeys, so I've changed the thumbnail picture...suits the piece better...more obviously light hearted than the first 'Skedaddle' image!

ChamMusic,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: it sounds rather realistic as an orchestra. Now that you mention it, I think it would work well as background music for a movie, TV show, or video. Perhaps it was the baboon photo, though I could picture it for a nature/animal show. Sound quality and composition are quite good. :)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Thanks Aaron.

Return to “Music Cafe”