Lots of Soundtoys on the KVR market

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every little versions I have tried are really good. I will probably get the full bundle at some point.

yellowmix wrote:If you see the Little versions, they're being sold because they were sold relatively inexpensively a few times for charity. If you see Tremolator and only Tremolater, it was given away as a freebie at one point.

If you see the entire bundle, the user may be trying to flip it since it is purchasable with a large discount depending on what plugins they already had, including the Little versions. If they got the Little versions in the last charity bundle, they may have secured another copy of the bundle, and thus make profit on other people.
:clap:

I'd buy the bundle in no time but I'm already covered with FX more than three times (if not more, the GAS, you know).

rod_zero wrote:Depends, Soundtoys are good but IMHO more focused on a few tools for mixing with character.
I swear this exact same thing was said in another thread a few months back.
I couldn't disagree more, there's a little something of everything in the Soundtoys arsenal.

acYm wrote:There's no need to be shy about it - Soundtoys is straight up outdated.
Wow, this is the most inaccurate thing I've seen posted in this thread. :scared:

acYm wrote:There's no need to be shy about it - Soundtoys is straight up outdated.

There's either an alternative that takes way less cpu, an alternative that doesn't alias like Reason, or an alternative that's much cheaper for the same level of sound quality minus the iLok.

Shame though, cool plugins, wish they'd do something about it.

I couldn't disagree more,Soundtoys plugs imo are some of the best,they are also a great company that treats their user base well,they have a friendly almost fun marketing approach & they don't do money grabbing updates periodically like some developers.......
I think you might see individual plugs for sale because people buy the bundle after having 1 or 2 and deciding to dive in during a sale.

For me Soundtoys are a great company with nice effect plugins. :tu:
2012 Mac Pro,3.46 Ghz,12 core 96g ,Mojave,RME, DP11.01, Logic 10.51,RME UCX, Great River ME-1NV, a few microphones,Spectrasonics, U-he Komplete12U & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, UAD,Mimic Pro/SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata ....

yellowmix wrote:
acYm wrote:Please list these alternatives that replicate all functionality and possibility to put into a native-saveable chain as per the Effect Rack that do not have any form of machine-based licensing.
it's just a decent collection of basic effects, it's nothing magical. wouldn't trade my softubes for soundtoys in a million years, they're aging so much better. who cares about racks and chains, there's this thing called ableton.

honestly, it's just my opinion that soundtoys are the most overrated company out there. the entire internet was raving about them before 2010 when they were indeed far above average, yeah it used to be a great upgrade over Waves and such, and also had good exclusivity with the hardware ilok and high prices. people who invested in it made absolutely sure to plaster every forum between here and The Grid with the good news of soundtoys supremacy. in fact I really doubt that any vst company received more ass-lick on the internet.

decapitator? I prefer Grasso.
echoboy? I prefer PSP85.
sieQ? I prefer waves api.
all those amps and preamps? aliasing.
filterfreak? irrelevant, there's The Drop.
all those other old things? pointless with eventide now in the vst market

just my 2c about why there might be so much used soundtoys for sale.

all those other old things? pointless with eventide now in the vst market
I thought the Soundtoys guys started at Eventide?
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Decapitator, Radiator, Devil Lock and the EQ are all about imparting character and saturation, can be done with others as Saturn, Karacter, Supercharger GT and many other options.

For Echoboy you have Replika XT, Relayer, Ubermod.

Cristalizer, you have the eventide plugins.

The only one I think it is quite unique, but also a one trick pony, is Microshift.

tremolator is also quite alone, few competition.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:Decapitator, Radiator, Devil Lock and the EQ are all about imparting character and saturation, can be done with others as Saturn, Karacter, Supercharger GT and many other options.

For Echoboy you have Replika XT, Relayer, Ubermod.

Cristalizer, you have the eventide plugins.

The only one I think it is quite unique, but also a one trick pony, is Microshift.

Was tempted on getting the bundle on Black Friday but do rather feel like I have most of the bases covered with other plugs. Delay wise, I already have Outerspace, Replika, Sandman Pro, EaRebound and Fault and I could say the same about most other areas they cover. Mind you, Little Plate is really nice and wouldn't mind the full version at some point.

tbh eventide and soundtoys don t sound the same , it s a other caractere , eventide plugs are more clean/digital .
soundtoys try to emulate analog sound
don t forget melda mxxx

Their new reverb, Little Plate, is free for now.
Do yourself a favour and download it and see what you think.

http://www.soundtoys.com/product/little-plate/

:wink:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

rod_zero wrote: The only one I think it is quite unique, but also a one trick pony, is Microshift.

Microshit is based on Eventide Micro pitch shift, found in Eventide hardware and software.
Tremolator is awsome.

acYm wrote:
it's just a decent collection of basic effects, it's nothing magical. wouldn't trade my softubes for soundtoys in a million years, they're aging so much better. who cares about racks and chains, there's this thing called ableton.
Many people don’t use Ableton Live and you can’t use Ableton Live racks in other daws.
The Soundtoys bundle is like a lot of multi effect units where the individual effects can sometimes be bettered but the real power lies in how well they all go together when combined in chains.

Soundtoys Bundle is worth every penny, especially when you get it off the marketplace or during a sale. Its not just for mixing either, they are extremely fun to get creative with, even before they added the rack!

The plugins are in no way outdated to work with and the sound is simply top notch. I can barely tell they use any CPU at all. While the interface doesn't look "new", it doesn't look stuff from the early the 2000s either. The thing I absolutely love about Soundtoys is how easy it is to dial in the sound you want while also having a huge amount of flexibility over nuances once you get under the hood. Of course, if you just want to flip through interesting presets they have you covered.

Echoboy, Phase Mistress, Crystallizer, Decapitator, Pan Man, Tremolator and Filter Freak are in pretty much every single track I work on. The rack is awesome as well, its extremely fun to work with. The other plugins I use from time to time and I would most likely buy a few of them if someone other than Soundtoys made them.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Soundtoys outdated, bad sounding & fully aliased :lol:

Yeah right, they’re bad plugins. That’s probably why professional composers decided to use Sountoys for the Blade Runner 2049 score, yep cause they sound bad of course: http://www.factmag.com/2017/10/20/hans- ... interview/

Now acYm, which movie score did you write lately with your better sounding plugins?

Return to “Effects”