Zebra 2 or ...?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
My synth bases are almost covered, but I'm looking for one more to complete my set nicely (Alchemy, Absynth, FM8, Monark, Reaktor, Bazilla and Serum). I do wide range of ambient music (usually dark and cold, from Lustmord to Biopshere). I use a lot of field recording, but for these I have Alchemy and Reaktor, so granular capabilities are not a must. No dongles for me (so Falcon is out of the list). I like complex, modular or semi-modular synths. I don't use presets, I create my own weird, experimental sounds. I have good effects (delays, reverbs and various mangling things), so these don't have to be top-notch in the synth. I usually do multilayers of different synths, bounced and re-processed, so I don't care for CPU usage.

I have heavily demoed Zebra and while I like its semi-modular structure, there's something weird in Zebra sound (for the lack of a better word it's "lack of clarity", both in presets and in demos available over the net). So - are there other good alternatives to consider? Please, give me something special: complex, flexible and weird :)

Solo rack, bazille, icarus

kokotte wrote:Solo racks
Forgot to mention: Logic X here, so 64-bits AU only.

Nvmnd...
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Nice, but I think it cannot get me deeper than Reaktor.

Melda MPowersynth, stupid name but deep and awesome sounding
Amazon: why not use an alternative

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Just for your info, Falcon actually require iLok but not any dongle. You can use the soft iLok which is a piece of software you install. I would otherwise suggest you look into Serum. Not a cheap synth plugin but very capable. There have been many threads where some people complained it sound too cold :D ..but as always, its a matter of taste.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

If you don't use presets, then I also recommend Melda MPowerSynth. Excellent synth. The presets are a very, very bad demo of what it can do.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Phonem... totally different from what you got!

Weird and semi-modular? I think Aalto fits the bill .. ArcSyn is also kind of 'out there' in terms of the sounds it creates.

I think there are two options. Either going the digital way (I would choose Razor, Prism or Harmor)

Or the analogish way (like Diva, Repro-5, Lush 101)

or maybe a third way! Like a nice VA ( Sylenth1, Spire, Hive, Dune, ...etc)

Ok there are more than two options! :hihi:

Also... there really is nothing like Zebra... the range of modules, the semi-modular grid, the FX grid, the ease of use...

so really what you want is Zebra 3!! :hihi:

NI Massive - sounds errm... massive :hihi: and is great for experimental noises.

Reaktor Form - for a different angle of mangle.
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

Synthmasters - right now half price for both...when it comes to synth basses u can try this : https://velltone.wixsite.com/velltone/wonderland

Return to “Instruments”