Best Effects Version Of An Instrument [Another Damn List]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Synapse Audio The Legend has a FX plugin too. If you route a MIDI track to the FX plugin you could also use the envelopes and the Oscs in the FX plugin.
This is a graet way of using one of the best analog modeled filters with any sound source (both synths and samples).
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

egbert101 wrote:
Apratim wrote:MXXX also comes with mpowersynth
Yeah, but it's a multieffect and not strictly an FX version of an instrument. Also, not a fan of MeldaProductions effects, with a few exceptions. Most are horribly overcomplicated too.
i dont think its over-complicated it has a shit ton of paramaters which other devs i think keep it locked or limited and may be i love things being "over complicated" :D
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

egbert101 wrote:So, it looks like only Serum or Zebra FX versions so far. What makes them special? And which is better?
Zebrify is cool because it's also a monophonic version of Zebra, which can be triggered via audio. You can, for example, have one of the oscillators tracking the pitch of incoming audio, then FM the cutoff of a filter with that oscillator while the filter is processing the incoming audio (which the oscillator is tracking).

Another synth with great effects, which can process external audio is Absynth. The Resonators and the Aetherizer are awesome.

My favorite is Tassman 4 FX with KarmaFX a close seconds. I am also fond of Absynth FX, Zebrify and Predator FX. I think Reaktor is in a league of it own. 8)

I find I use Transfuser 2 as an effect plugin a lot. It has a wide range of bread-and-butter effects and several of them have quite an advanced feature set.

In particular I like the:
- filter/gate sequencer
- 8 tap multi-delay
- 4 tap tape delay
- 'Beatcutter' (semi-random stuttering, stretching, pitch shifting, resequencing)
- 6 band parametric EQ
- ability to record it's own output for further editing/slicing/remixing.

It's just a shame the interface is teeny-tiny.

Zebrify is king IMO. The input analysis section alone is almost unmatched in other fx plugins.
On the other hand I always wondered why xfer bother to even port serumFX? The fx section of serum is quite easily the weakest part of serum and so many of those fx are barely useable. Again IMO.
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Terrafractyl wrote:On the other hand I always wondered why xfer bother to even port serumFX? The fx section of serum is quite easily the weakest part of serum and so many of those fx are barely useable. Again IMO.
Several of those FX are coded/licensed from ohmforce, TAL, and Magnus Lidstrom, and are perfectly fine. Hyper and Dimension Expander are easily abused. The multiband compressor has been an EDM staple for years as OTT. And they're all in one rack you can reorder. But what makes it particularly useful are the modulation options. So the effects can modulate in sync.

Return to “Instruments”