Waves Bass Slaper

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A new Waves instrument. Not sure we need another bass vst though.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/bass-slap ... n-overview

If this will be the free plugin they will give away at BF then I'm sure I could use it at one point or another.
No signature here!

The demo video sounds nice.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

robotmonkey wrote:A new Waves instrument. Not sure we need another bass vst though.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/bass-slap ... n-overview

If this will be the free plugin they will give away at BF then I'm sure I could use it at one point or another.
This will not be the free plugin given away for Black Friday.

I really like it :) Mostly I will buy it very soon. I want to check the demo first.

Saw the email yesterday. Sounds really nice.
Not actually interested as I already play (slap) bass, but this VSTi sounds nice nonetheless.
Otherwise I'd buy it for sure. Price is right as well.

Unfortunately, it needs two mins or more everytime I load it (with the HD samples)! I don't know how long it takes in the SSD, but this is when I put the samples in the HD disk (it would take much more on my laptop 5400rpm HD!!).

Also, the stupid 'uninstall' procedure in Waves made me uninstall all then install only the effects and two synths (Codex and Element). I have ignored all the Piano plugs I have as I want only the 'fast to load' plugs.

No! I won't buy it.

EnGee wrote:Unfortunately, it needs two mins or more everytime I load it (with the HD samples)! I don't know how long it takes in the SSD, but this is when I put the samples in the HD disk (it would take much more on my laptop 5400rpm HD!!).

Also, the stupid 'uninstall' procedure in Waves made me uninstall all then install only the effects and two synths (Codex and Element). I have ignored all the Piano plugs I have as I want only the 'fast to load' plugs.

No! I won't buy it.
I'm not sure why you would choose to load the HD samples every time, those should only be used to render your final mix. The SD samples load in about 2 seconds on my machine.

I bought it and it sounds great. All of the various controls make it easy to play on a midi keyboard. To me it's a very good deal for the current price.

bobhva wrote:
I'm not sure why you would choose to load the HD samples every time, those should only be used to render your final mix. The SD samples load in about 2 seconds on my machine.

I bought it and it sounds great. All of the various controls make it easy to play on a midi keyboard. To me it's a very good deal for the current price.
I'll try the SD version then (I thought the HD one is the better quality).

I'll also test the small size of the Piano libraries.

Edit:
Great! Thank you for your suggestion :) I tested with the SD, and as you said, it loads in 1-2 seconds, so I bought it :D
Last edited by EnGee on Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

it would've been impressive... if MODO Bass didn't exist.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Just under £20 from plugindiscounts. No brainer at that price and fills my pocket for a nice bass sound. Appreciate there's a lot of other emus out there, but the price point is killer tbh and the work thats gone into it. Installed easily with the online installer, downloaded the HD samples and replaced in the sample libraries.
Nice addition thanks waves.

MFXxx wrote:Just under £20 from plugindiscounts. No brainer at that price and fills my pocket for a nice bass sound. Appreciate there's a lot of other emus out there, but the price point is killer tbh and the work thats gone into it. Installed easily with the online installer, downloaded the HD samples and replaced in the sample libraries.
Nice addition thanks waves.
+1
For <£20, this is a nice bass. Too bad it doesn't have a "non slap" mode too :wink:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Nice job Waves ... and there goes the €€€ :party:

Return to “Instruments”