VST Apocalypse [Doom & Gloom Thread]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:Once upon a time, there were 78s. They went bye bye. Then vinyl itself disappeared. We had cassettes, 8 tracks, Sony Betamax, VCRs and a world without the Internet. Today, more music is streamed online than is bought in stores. Retail establishments are going out of business like mad.
Poor comparison. Those formats you mentioned all got replaced by modern, more efficient ones. You like those for their nostalgic value alone. Before Cakewalk was closed they were actively developing their products and keeping them up to date with modern standards.

fanodu1 wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Once upon a time, there were 78s. They went bye bye. Then vinyl itself disappeared. We had cassettes, 8 tracks, Sony Betamax, VCRs and a world without the Internet. Today, more music is streamed online than is bought in stores. Retail establishments are going out of business like mad.
Poor comparison. Those formats you mentioned all got replaced by modern, more efficient ones. You like those for their nostalgic value alone. Before Cakewalk was closed they were actively developing their products and keeping them up to date with modern standards.
My point is, things change. Nobody knows what the future holds.

Including you.

Screw the future and damn the technology! I'm going back to my old school.......Image
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

Only really sad to see linplug and Camel Audio go.

I miss that Camelphat!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

What is that plugin format Cakewalk supported before VSTi? Direct X? That seems doomed.
I'm doomed but plugins will outlive me in all probability.

Camel Audio didn't die, they just shafted a huge amount of their userbase. And that's a whole other hate thread tbh, makes my piss boil just thinking about it.

But Cakewalk was a shock tbh.
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

<delete>
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”