Advice please on basic additive with comfortable GUI and fine tweaking of partials

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Redukt wrote:
egbert101 wrote:You might have luck with Audio Damage Phosphor. Only problem is there is no demo version, and I don't know how big the GUI is, but I've always loved the sound.
Highly recommended VST - it's only 49$ (there's even a sale going on right now so you'll probably get it for about 30$), sounds fantastic and the GUI is modern and resizeable. And if you have an iPad you can buy the app for less than 5 bucks I think.

I don't think you'll regret it, and even if you do - Audio Damage will refund your money. Works fine, I've done it before.
Phosphor looks cool. I haven't bought it because of the fact that there's no demo but I have no doubt it's a great little synth, especially at that price.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Try Mpowersynth. It’s not known as an addative synth, but its capabilities in that area are very impressive. You can change the level and phase of all the partials and even morph between different states. Here is a vid I made about it last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUiFiZN ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by Chandlerhimself on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Additive with a twist?
https://audre.io/revival/

egbert101 wrote:Weird, I thought FM8 and Sytrus were FM synthesizers. :hihi:
If you don't actually modulate the operators between one another, you could use it additively, i.e. op A at a ratio of 1, op B at ratio of 2, op C at ratio of 3, etc. you have an additive synth.

avenger. The bin mode is awesome

yul wrote:Thanks. I believe the partial editor is super tiny and much like the other synths I auditioned. I am really looking for a full scale partial editor window. It doesn't seem like it exists in this day and age :-)
Sytrus has a vectorized GUI and you can drag its GUI across the screen and you can zoom in like this (right click on the image and choose "Open image in new tab" in your browser to see the actual size):

and zoom out like this:

by dragging the edges of horizontal scroll bar in Sytrus' editor.

<delete>

egbert101 wrote:Image-Line have their own way of doing things, which is incredibly powerful but also incredibly annoying to the uninitiated. For example, Harmor has a really powerful additive engine, you can drag and drop single cycle waves into the Timbre section for each oscillator, and then edit them in the envelope section. Or you have all sorts of tools to use to create envelopes, but so far there is no easy way to just simple expand the envelop display to make editing easier (unless you scale the entire interface). Quirky, powerful, but annoying.
Unless you torrented their stuff be free to go to their official forums and ask for having an option to have a separate window popping out to edit envelopes. If many people support your idea, devs will work on it.
That's how things work with Image-Line, but I assume that you as a legit owner of their product(s) are already familiar with how things work and that devs are discussing with community about new features on a daily basis and that not a single thing is set in stone and that things can be changed if there is enough of people supporting the implementation of certain feature. :wink:

Linplug Spectral has a really nice editor with useful and easy tools for it's 256 harmonics per oscillator (the light grey area is the editor, showing the filter in this case):

Chandlerhimself wrote:Try Mpowersynth. It’s not known as an addative synth, but its capabilities in that area are very impressive. You can change the level and phase of all the partials and even morph between different states. Here is a vid I made about it last year.

http://youtu.be/VUiFiZNKjj0
+1 :tu:

egbert101 wrote:
ZeePok wrote: 
If you're looking for precise partial control I'd still recommend DiscoDSP Vertigo!

I know the dev is in Limbo so finding a demo may be difficult, and the GUI is rather tiny on my 1280x1024, but it's very clear and Vertigo has a lot of possibilities, is very good in what it does and it sounds great! :)
I've no idea why this guy is recommending a dead instrument from a developer that has decided to abandon all his customers.

You might have luck with Audio Damage Phosphor. Only problem is there is no demo version, and I don't know how big the GUI is, but I've always loved the sound.

Image Line Morphine is the best recommendation I could give, but given its age and cost (149 Euros) it is overly expensive.
I’d say it’s unfair to say the developer, who was a solid part of this community for a very long time, “decided” to abandon his customers. All evidence shows that something fairly cataclysmic happened in his life that caused the current situation. I wouldn’t recommend it either, but I’m more on the side of giving DiscoDSP the benefit of the doubt. I can’t imagine that any sort of malice or bad intentions were at play.

One of my favorite additives, and synths in general, is MPowersynth. Check it out. That might have the features you seek.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

<delete>

Synclavier is really pretty awesome. Getting it as a bundle with all the other instruments is a nice bonus!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Instruments”