Open Sound Control (OSC) is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gelabs wrote:You should be able to create virtual midi ports with the command "modprobe snd_virmidi", as root.
Thank you, I did so... but still a frustration not having midi client in jack/alsa...

Hi, thanks for this. Probably obvious but the TouchOSC layout doesn't display images on my end e.g. the play arrow. Any ideas why?

The arrows and some icons are unicode characters, they are not displayed correctly on all systems. I only tested this layout on an Asus Memopad 10, so if you have missing parts you may try to edit the layout with the editor ( https://hexler.net/software/touchosc ). It's no big deal, really :)

A huge thanks for this.

Any chance of 'show device controllers' being added?
I have got a wonderful JazzMutant Lemur set-up which controls Device remote controllers 1 to 8 on any Device working great. The icing on the cake would be to have the panel for the 8 controllers slide out too on command!

Anyhow thanks for this amazing addition I just discovered...

thanks for the script!

maybe it would be even more amazing to have 4 xy pads (like in toms older version). is it possibe to implement this? those xy instrument/effect chains are really great in bitwig....

anyway, thank you for all the work!

The script crashes with the brand new beta. I don't use it at the moment, so I keep it off. I thnk Bitwig should support OSC natively anyway...

Tj Shredder wrote:The script crashes with the brand new beta. I don't use it at the moment, so I keep it off. I thnk Bitwig should support OSC natively anyway...
As I wrote in the Beta forum, you should use the DrivenByMoss implementation and not the old Javascript one.
Furthermore, OSC is available in the API in 2.3 and I will release an adapted version of DrivenByMoss in the near future.

Good to know, can't test it today though...

moss wrote: and I will release an adapted version of DrivenByMoss in the near future.
Hey Moss,

is this going to be more stable or faster then somehow?

.maki wrote:
moss wrote: and I will release an adapted version of DrivenByMoss in the near future.
Hey Moss,

is this going to be more stable or faster then somehow?
Why? Do you have problems with the current version?

Just wondering. There have been problems with updating text in the past for example, but could also be a lemur issue maybe.

.maki wrote:Just wondering. There have been problems with updating text in the past for example, but could also be a lemur issue maybe.
That is one (of many more) lemur issues.

yes, still would be interesting to know if the native OSC support brings any advantages.

.maki wrote:yes, still would be interesting to know if the native OSC support brings any advantages.
Only for developers.

Tweaked a few things on the TouchOSC template (controls were not in the right places, some UTF-8 characters did not show, ...).

@moss :
I would like to remove the grid thing that shows over the clips on the session page in Bitwig when the clips launcher is not selected, like with the APC40 template for example. Is that possible ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Controller Scripting”