Favorite Synth to Program

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice variety. I'm mainly a preset junky. I'll have to look into Repro.

:party:
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

I love working with Zebra 2, but the quickest one and the one I feel where I am in total control must be Hive. It's very easy to work with. Zebra 2 still require a level of thought even though I worked with it a lot. Zebra 2 is so versatile.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Bazille - still so much ground to explore and "what happens if", while still being easy enough to set up simple patches as well, even if one could feel that's not the purpose of it ;)

Recently:
Thorn - I didn't buy this one yet, but it's crazy amount of fun and takes like zero effort to operate, but while being easy and fun, I often dislike the sonic results I get, still a very mixed bag :shrug:

Bazille is a lot of fun, but my favourite is ArcSyn - really easy to get around and so many interesting results

Cypher, lately. Seem to enter a time-warp once I start tweaking it. Have to be disciplined and regulate my use otherwise it sucks up time which moves at 5X normal rate of standard speed of time somehow when I'm using it.

Do manage to gather a nice collection of presets from the thing in the process though, so it's not wasted time by any means, great fun. 4 oversampling is where the sound really shines imo but not always ideal in terms of cpu consumption.

I'm starting to really like Thorn. Very easy to work with.

Zebra, and always Zebra. Start with a simple patch, then go down the rabbit hole. There's so much to discover, and Zebra HZ takes it even further. I want that damn resonator in all my synths!

Thorn gets second place right now. Working with it never feels like work.

nusound mind wrote:Cypher, lately. Seem to enter a time-warp once I start tweaking it. Have to be disciplined and regulate my use otherwise it sucks up time which moves at 5X normal rate of standard speed of time somehow when I'm using it.
Do you mean Cypher in DCAM Synth Squad?
I really miss DCAM Synth Squad :( I feel sorry for selling it. It was a mistake!
Cypher is a great synth, but mostly I miss Strobe. I didn't know its value till late! Programming Strobe (and Cypher) is so fun. I like the GUI much more than the new one.
I probably will end buying it again from the 2nd hand market next month (as I'm broke now!).

Yeah, the original Synth Squad; I actually picked it up 2nd hand here myself months ago. Strobe does seem the most popular of the bunch for other people though I've gravitated to Cypher & even Amber so far for whatever reason, maybe something as simple as finding the gui's more appealing/easy to work with.

Giving Strobe another honest go is on my list of priorities at some point. Haven't found the touch with it yet, but remember hearing some beautiful patches on a youtube video so it's me not Strobe itself lacking in capability, to be expected I guess as I'm relatively new to all this.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Strobe's filter was done by the developer of the famous compressor "The Glue", right? I think that! Anyway, Strobe's filter is so sweet. Damn! I am filled with GAS for Strobe now!

For the simple joy of tinkering and making noises with no specific goal in mind, it has to be Bazille. One day i might actually make a soundset with it.

Bazille, because it’s fun and powerful while sounding awesome and authentic.

Hive, because of its ease of use and quick workflow and the sound is always great.

U-He’s plugins have become my absolute favorites. RePro is also rocking my life. Can’t believe I got this analog quality in plugin form.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Falcon because I kind of get it (not that much though! .

Repro and Bazille because I don't but it's fun.

Return to “Instruments”