MIDI Drum Triggering from mixed audio source

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have pre-recorded drum loops with kick,snare, and cymbals all together on one track. They are loops played by my Digitech guitar pedal, so I can't separate them. But I'm trying to do something like what Addictive Trigger does. That is, create midi tracks for each kit piece. I can do this in Studio One, sort of, by using transient detection in S1. This is shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlUdO4EOl38
I'm trying to use MAutodynamic EQ to isolate each kit piece, with limited success. I can usually use a low pass filter at 200 Hz to isolate the kick: Studio One's transient detection then creates transient markers only for the kick, which can then be dragged into a track with MDrummer. But the snare and cymbals are tricky. I just can't seem to find suitable EQ settings to isolate them. :bang: * When doing a solo frequency sweep, you can hear each piece through most of the frequency range.

Is there any Melda plugin that could make this task a bit easier?

*Sorry this is so long. I just can't seem to explain what I mean in a brief way! :dog:

OK, I understand fully what your trying to achieve.

So snares are a lot more tonal than hi hats. I would try to use the spectral crossovers before the detector to get better results.

I can give you more in depth help when I'm not drunk!

Which plugins do you own?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Cool, somebody gets it!
As for Melda plugins, I have the mastering bundle, MUnison, MTransformer, MCharacter, and MAutovolume. Also I have MDrummer (of course) and MPowersynth.

Your asking me what plugs I have nudged me to an idea: Maybe I can try MSpectral Dynamics :idea:
I'm not too proficient with this plugin, but I do understand it at least a little bit. So here's my plan: Turn down the threshold to a very low level across the whole spectrum. Then create a notch, and sweep around to see if I can get individual kit pieces to pop out. If it works, I'll have a drum kit separator!

Of course, the results don't have to sound good. They just need to trigger Studio One's transient detection.

Well, the bad news is, nobody really found a way to separate signal into components :). It's quite an AI thingy and technically it cannot ever be fully done (e.g. some frequencies cancel partially or entirely etc. and mainly nobody really knows how to identify subsignals). What I don't understand is if you are simply trying to trigger different sounds or what exactly is the ultimate goal?
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”