I owe Rob Papen an apology.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
chk071 wrote:TBH, when i compare FB with forum comments, then FB comments seem to be more on the positive side, in general. Forum people really seem to be a rather special kind, often. No wonder, considering the psychological side.
Yeah, basically a bunch of narcissists like most artists. :hihi:
not always a fair comparison, I have a met great deal of friends here and many migrated to fb but I cant remember who all of them are respective to here. Meanwhile on fb I have literally scores of friends who I have been friends with since before any of us could read or write. I find fb generally more supportive, my real world friends are deeply rooted friendships, my
kvR/FB and similar friendships are people with whom we have mutually agreed our friendship is a bit more than just arguing gear on KvR and said friendship is real (why I have a fb link here). I feel both types commands a more respectful and supportive friendship because we have a genuine interest in said friendship.

Of course it goes the other way too some people...I'll just say one fb friend one month after my wife's death launched into me in the most brutal, uncalled for attack ever in public launched on me here (surely embarrassing for them). I dont think they knew I was a mod then and of course I took no action except to block them on fb yet if anyone attack them like they did me action would be taken.

I post this here because this is tongue and cheek, probably will be shortlived and seems to be an apology thread. I think many here have received an apology from me in their pm and no doubt there are people I owe apologies too that I have not realized, but I try. On the flip side there are plenty of people who owe me an apology but I'm not losing any sleep over it. It takes nothing to say "I'm sorry" but our society has made it a weakness so some never will.

But I gave up years ago on that, those who dont care enough are not my friends. Those who do take the time pay me the ultimate compliment, they are validating our friendship. Meanwhile I value my friends :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

chk071 wrote:TBH, when i compare FB with forum comments, then FB comments seem to be more on the positive side, in general. Forum people really seem to be a rather special kind, often. No wonder, considering the psychological side.
Actually, I wouldn't run my company's forum at KVR either.

There are advantages, sure, infrastructure and reach of potential clients to name a few, but at the same time it can kill a lot of your nerves and - even more important - invite 14-year old wannabees to shit on your head... day in, day out. :wink:

Not everyone is such an experienced social worker as Urs. :D

Alright, since my last post there's been a fine display of cuntishness in this thread. I'd like to apologise to everyone here that I ever criticized, and express my enthusiasm and optimism going forward. And approval.
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote:Alright, since my last post there's been a fine display of cuntishness in this thread. I'd like to apologise to everyone here that I ever criticized, and express my enthusiasm and optimism going forward. And approval.
Unless you're talking with 'two tongues' (modern: multiple accounts) your post doesn't make too much sense to me. :?

I think he's being sarcastic. Which is meta-ironic.

AnalogGuy1 wrote:I think he's being sarcastic. Which is meta-ironic.
It's trans-sardonic satire
A well-behaved signature.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

JerGoertz wrote:It's trans-sardonic satire
Now we're talking. :hug:

fisherKing wrote:why would he move to facebook? aren't there enough juvenile delinquents on kvr?
Facebook reaches a MUCH LARGER market in general. I can't believe how many guys are up on the Drum & Synth, and Ableton user forums haven't actually heard of KVR or gearslutz. So, there's that. Technical help is handled thru the FB private message system.

I still like this forum though, since I see next to no threads asking "what's the best controller for use with "Live Lite?" I swear that question comes up AT LEAST once a day. Oh no. Don't scroll a bit down the page. You are clearly the first person to have ever asked the question. Lol! The other users (and maybe I) should be a little bit meaner than we are.

Return to “Instruments”