macOS 10.13.2 issues

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! Have you heard about detection issues with AudioUnit plugins starting with this OS X update? I've received about 5 reports in the last month, all related to High Sierra. Plugins worked fine at least in 10.13.1, but stopped working. Any ideas on how this can be fixed from developer's side?

May Odin bless MacOS' Pointy Little Head. Over millenia of philosophical endeavor, Eternal Damnation has been thoroughly considered by countless thinkers. But so far as I know even the simplest metaphysics of Eternal Deprecation have yet to be explored! :)

JCJR wrote:May Odin bless MacOS' Pointy Little Head. Over millenia of philosophical endeavor, Eternal Damnation has been thoroughly considered by countless thinkers. But so far as I know even the simplest metaphysics of Eternal Deprecation have yet to be explored! :)
explain plz

declassified wrote:
JCJR wrote:May Odin bless MacOS' Pointy Little Head. Over millenia of philosophical endeavor, Eternal Damnation has been thoroughly considered by countless thinkers. But so far as I know even the simplest metaphysics of Eternal Deprecation have yet to be explored! :)
explain plz
Hi Declassified. Nothing explainable. Just a weak attempt at humor. All I know is for about the last decade before retirement, Eternal Deprecation was Infernal Torture. :)

Well, one explanation if necessary-- In this context Deprecation is when an OS or SDK or some needed toolkit will deprecate older functions. Which eventually breaks your old code-- Forcing you to rewrite perfectly good old code just to keep it running on the "improved" OS or SDK. If you may have written source code about as big as the bible then such rewrites could be about the most boring work which you would NEVER want to do!

JCJR wrote:Hi Declassified. Nothing explainable. Just a weak attempt at humor. All I know is for about the last decade before retirement, Eternal Deprecation was Infernal Torture. :)

Well, one explanation if necessary-- In this context Deprecation is when an OS or SDK or some needed toolkit will deprecate older functions. Which eventually breaks your old code-- Forcing you to rewrite perfectly good old code just to keep it running on the "improved" OS or SDK. If you may have written source code about as big as the bible then such rewrites could be about the most boring work which you would NEVER want to do!
Thanks! I kind of got the rough idea I think, but my English (or something else) was not enough to fully understand it. :)

May be irrelevant, but new Logic update out. It seemed to fix my outstanding AU scanning issues.
I started on Logic 5 with a PowerBook G4 550Mhz. I now have a MacBook Air M1 and it's ~165x faster! So, why is my music not proportionally better? :(

syntonica wrote:May be irrelevant, but new Logic update out. It seemed to fix my outstanding AU scanning issues.
Yes, the problem reports about AU scanning are at the decline.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”