NI Xmas gift?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote:
zvenx wrote:I know you have been on kvr long enough to know that indeed the history has also been that people have complained about the free gifts.
I'm going to complain if the gift is anything less than a free upgrade to Maschine 3 hardware :lol:

Lol ....
Rsp
sound sculptist

Where was I when they gave Replika away? Who would complain about that one?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I think Micro Prism started out as a Christmas gift, and then
they made it free year-around. The full version purchase
was a no-brainer. They have quite an excellent stable with which to
tempt us by way of another lite version. Something like 'Form Fitted',
with a healthy learning curve, would just fit in my stocking,
atop the lumps of coal :(
Cheers

braj wrote:Where was I when they gave Replika away? Who would complain about that one?
A bunch of people complained about graphics issues and CPU usage.

budweiser wrote:
AnX wrote:Unless it's cash, im not interested.
:D
Are those freebies refundable if i don't like them ?
No, but you can try to sell them after a certain period here on KVR... many try that with promo and gift items... Have a look there, maybe it‘s your new cash machine!?!?

I am sure whatever they give this year if any, most likely will require Native Access to authorize........which requires internet....which requires.....

there will be complaints :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:I am sure whatever they give this year if any, most likely will require Native Access to authorize........which requires internet....which requires.....

rsp
Will happen for sure...
By the way: imo Native Access is very comfortable.

martinjuenke wrote:
zvenx wrote:I am sure whatever they give this year if any, most likely will require Native Access to authorize........which requires internet....which requires.....

rsp
Will happen for sure...
To me it is getting there.
It needs to have the option to save downloads and for me the option to hide some older libraries you don't want to show or ever install again....some of the other stuff I wanted it to have is coming very soon to a theater near you :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

Winstontaneous wrote:
braj wrote:Where was I when they gave Replika away? Who would complain about that one?
A bunch of people complained about graphics issues and CPU usage.

in fairness those graphics issues were severe ... like the plugin won't run levels of severe. crashing daws severe. it wasn't a graphics issue in the same vain as 'durrrrr .... where's the volume button ? the volume button should be better placed!!! I'm deleting this garbage until they make a bigger volume button !!!!'

Native Access is getting better but it still occasionally screws up and places vsts into folder that are not specified in the preferences. Also, there need to be an info button or field so you know what issue the update is addressing before you accept it.
zvenx wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:

rsp
Will happen for sure...
To me it is getting there.
It needs to have the option to save downloads and for me the option to hide some older libraries you don't want to show or ever install again....some of the other stuff I wanted it to have is coming very soon to a theater near you :-)
rsp

Replika is great but i remember there were a lot of issues and crashes because of the gui. It took more than a year to make it compatible with everything. Now it works flawlessly and its my favourite delay.
I hope they give us.... reaktor? :D
anyway its around 17th usually.

I actually totally forgot about the graphics issues in Replika... only had those on my laptop though, not on my desktop, and, i think it also only has been an issue with several instances, not with one single instance.

Anyway, really thrilled what they'll give us this year. I'm sure it'll be nice. :)

I wonder if Replika graphics problems are GPU brand related? I had also problems with it. Strangely less problems witg Replika XT (except for huge Daw animation lag when plugin is opened). Im using AMD card x260 oc r7

I'm pretty sure that you're going to get a voucher along with whatever else you get, so I don't see what there is to complain about.

Elektronisch wrote:I wonder if Replika graphics problems are GPU brand related? I had also problems with it. Strangely less problems witg Replika XT (except for huge Daw animation lag when plugin is opened). Im using AMD card x260 oc r7
I think it's safe to say that it was indeed an issue with certain graphic chips. Intel onboard chips seemed to have the most issues. Anyway, that's history now.

Return to “Effects”