NI Xmas gift?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sjm wrote:
chk071 wrote:Did you update your graphics drivers as well?
I shudder to think what it's doing with the GPU during installation. Crashes while running the plugin, sure.

Windows 7 64 bit home (up to date), i7 4790 16GB. At any rate, a relatively modern PC with a relatively modern GPU with Open GL support.

My suspicion would be that the driver they're trying to use to mount the ISO is failing hard.
Oh, i didn't read that it already fails at installing. Well, that's super strange. No idea at all. No issues with other stuff installed with Native Access?

It is great but my macbook pro shut down because the fans couldn´t handle it anymore.
Must be the most cpu intense plug-in ever :D
I guess it´s not optimized maybe.
Still a great gift and i hope there might be a bigger (and more cpu/gpu friendly) bigger brother soon like with Replika.

Cinebient wrote:It is great but my macbook pro shut down because the fans couldn´t handle it anymore.
Must be the most cpu intense plug-in ever :D
I guess it´s not optimized maybe.
Still a great gift and i hope there might be a bigger (and more cpu/gpu friendly) bigger brother soon like with Replika.
That's crazy, it only pushes my PC laptop to 10-11.

It took a mere 3-4 % CPU here for one instance on Windows 10, with the "balanced" (or whatever it is called in english) energy scheme here. I remember that a few people (not all) with a Macbook reported the same phenomene with Replika, when they released that as a freebie. Might be the same thing.

Once again the difference between a Promotion and a Freebie becomes painfully obvious....
Phasis.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Shocking stuff. Bet they already sent your "Center" settings to the NSA.

:hihi:

Teksonik wrote:Once again the difference between a Promotion and a Freebie becomes painfully obvious....
Phasis.png
this is enabled by default in any native instruments plugin but replika i think. the good thing is ni lets you disable it while other vendors just collect data in the background (yes! just watch your firewall traffic) :wink:

edit: Russel posted a nice list for plugins being tracked.
Last edited by frizzbee on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote:Shocking stuff. Bet they already sent your "Center" settings to the NSA.
dwl
lol
rsp
sound sculptist

Teksonik wrote:Once again the difference between a Promotion and a Freebie becomes painfully obvious....
Phasis.png
Wasn´t enabled here by default.
None of my N.I. tools does that.

Not sure what there is to fear anyway though. In the worst case, their next plugin will even be more tailored to people's demand...

Cinebient wrote:
Phasis.png
Check your settings in Native Access. I have that stuff turned off by default.

I think you even get the option with this particular install. It didn't last long on my computer, so maybe someone else can verify.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Cinebient wrote:

Was enabled by default here. So let's recap....requires the installation of the Native Access, tracks your usage by default, drops this in the x64 folder:
Phasis 2.png
For a Phaser plugin. Looks rather nasty especially when resized and most important sounds dead common.

I appreciate the generosity of Native Instruments but this won't make it onto my studio computer.

I suppose if you're desperate for a Phaser it might be worth it but....I am not. :shrug:

Enjoy your "freebie" boys...... :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Aloysius wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
Phasis.png
Check your settings in Native Access. I have that stuff turned off by default.

I think you even get the option with this particular install. It didn't last long on my computer, so maybe someone else can verify.
Yes, i think i disabled it in NA.
Anyway my life is too boring for the FBI, CIA and even for the N.I. :D

Return to “Effects”