Izotope big problems to register and aut. iLok

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Register my new Vocalsynth took 10-15 attempets and two hours yesterday :-(

At last I succeded getting it done

Then the troubles continued with error-messages when trying to autorise to iLok

At last I gave up, got some sleep, and tried again today, still with no success :-(

Now its week-end, and I don't expect any help from support for the next two days or so

Absolutely no comments on there own gost-town forum

And no messages on the main site, like "we are working on the problems", nothing,..

Like participating in some bad joke

Anyone else have had such problems with Izotope ?
izo prob.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HM

Perhaps something to do with the new iZotope Product Portal...have you tried the alternate computer activation instead?
NB) My iZotope account is a mess. It lists every iZotope product I have ever purchased, including all the licences I've sold, and lists multiple versions of the same thing.

db3 wrote:Perhaps something to do with the new iZotope Product Portal...have you tried the alternate computer activation instead?
NB) My iZotope account is a mess. It lists every iZotope product I have ever purchased, including all the licences I've sold, and lists multiple versions of the same thing.
Hi

I want iLok autorisation, only, just wanted to register and authorize to iLok, to be ready for the DAW soon

I have tried the socalled "Product *Portal", what a mess, and no guidance, after trying all possible ways it appears that iLok autorization is only supported from "Purchase History", and not supported from on the new app at all, no matter what I does it just starts to attack my internet-computer with a install that I have not asked for, and need to cancel imidiately in orde to net get the license droped there by mistake.

I can see my other programs listed as placed on iLok ,.. but is not allowed to do the same with Vocalsynth

Damm, I just wanted to authorize my iLok,.. you are right,.. what a mess
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HM

Wrote to support back in the weekend

Today tuesday I have still heard nothing

Problem still dont solved, they have not transfered to my iLok manually, at least

Same error on their site

zuzks maximum
HM

Their old video autorisation guide zuzks also, the interface and menues dont even look equal to that in the video, any longer,..

Thank you Izotope, you have absolutely no respect for you customers
HM

Update, for the sake of completeness, finally got it working late wednesday, got an apology from Izotope, several things had indeed not been working, and like everone can see the autorizeation video-guide, etc, etc, is extremely aged, and does not even reflect how the menues and functions look today

Support was ok, and super, when finally there, but its been 5-6 days total to get there, for no good reason

So much wasted time, both for me and support

We all fail, but in this case it was things that could have easely been avoided with right care in due time

I look forward to work with Vocalsynth :tu:
HM

Pff. Effing iLok!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Yeah, but, vocalsynth is pretty cool, eh?

Have not tried it. Do you need iLok when demo ing?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Over 60 licenses, 6-7 years, never a problem, and what happend here was not a problem with iLok, but some problems located at Izotope, who seemingly have failed to maintain both their system and documentation ;-)

I am not only bitching, there plugs are fine, so a shame with the loose ends :-)

Forward :-)
HM

So did they explain what exactly was this issue - Was it that Izotope's site wasn't connecting to the iLok database, was the iZotope site just busted, or was it the iLok side of things that was broken?

I dont understand why developers even bother with iLok.

mcbpete wrote:So did they explain what exactly was this issue - Was it that Izotope's site wasn't connecting to the iLok database, was the iZotope site just busted, or was it the iLok side of things that was broken?
I've had problems with iZotope and iLok before as well. Not as serious as this, but, the install of their metering plugin that is in the MPB2 bundle won't read the iLok, you have to install the individual plugin package.

I get the sense that they are not doing the appropriate amount of maintenance.

Halonmusic wrote:I dont understand why developers even bother with iLok.
Because it saves the developer having to create a proprietary copy protection thing from scratch. Actually if you have a lot of iLok plugins (and have to reinstall a batch of plugins/move to another machine) you'll soon appreciate how nice and hands off the process is - No searching for serial numbers, no challenge/response shenanigans (hoping the C/R server is functioning), just plug in the key with the licenses on it and all is good in the world !

I prefer iLok, but thats another topic.

Problem, as already discribed, was on Izotopes side, both the partly invalid serial, the iLok error, and the missleading documentation related, for that they did apology, thats it,... accepted,... and forward

(but hope they get them self together and improve)

Deeper error-details dont have my interest

Btw while having this problem with Izotope i did autorize another product, from another compagny, as usual no problem,..

This thread is not meant for bitching iLok, and not for bitching Izotope,... :-)
HM

Return to “Effects”