Bitwig Studio 2.2.3rc2 is online!

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey folks,

the second release candidate for 2.2.3 is online!

Download:

https://www.bitwig.com/en/download.html

Changelog:

Changes in Bitwig Studio 2.2.3 RC 2

Released on 12.12.2017.

FIXED Engine crash when using CoreAudio aggregate device with 190 channels (2x RME and 1x Apollo).
FIXED Cannot copy object selection for automation points - should do the same as the time selection for the range.
FIXED Bounced audio events are sometimes not audible after bouncing a clip multi-selection on macOS.
FIXED App freezes with max cpu load after undoing "insert silence" in some projects.
FIXED When doing a quantized jump in the arrangement to a point with automation data and the track was playing an audio crossfade at the time of the jump, automation playback would be played back wrong.
FIXED Drag and drop using touch not working properly on Linux.
IMPROVED Improved Audio Engine CPU-load when using many tracks.

Have fun,
Dom

Nice one!
dom@bitwig wrote: IMPROVED Improved Audio Engine CPU-load when using many tracks.
Great thx!

Good to see these resolved, thanks!

Still no improvement on the Arturia keylab script
cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

Great top read about this! But I think it is important, at this level, to fix up the Sampler. Here's what I think must be changed:

1. When you have made a patch and are saving it, the default mode should not be "Located outside Project Folder".

2. "Located outside Project Folder" is a misleading title. That mode option should instead be called "Collecting External Samples into Project Folder".

3. The global search path to the external samples should be kept in the preset even if set to be saved as a self-supporting unit. Otherwise, if a user happens to save a preset "in the wrong mode" the only way to go back is to redo the full process again from scratch (deleting all samples and then again dragging external samples into Sampler and setting up zones and playback parameters).

4. There should be a search function, or "samples database" (like in Kontakt, EXS24 and more) to find external samples when moving projects between computers. 2.2.2 still doesn't find external samples even though the search path on computer #2 is exactly the same as on computer #1, both running the same OS.

Having to deal with the Sampler in this awkward way might make some, potential, users think that "maybe producing in Cubase will be faster"?
Last edited by pboy on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

turbo_kev wrote:Still no improvement on the Arturia keylab script
cheers
Kev
What needs improving?

Hi aMUSEd

when you press the record button or loop button on your keylab
the same happens correctly on bitwig

but if you again press record or loop on your keyboard it correctly disables them on bitwig
but the record and loop lights on the key lab stay on

you have to use your mouse on the bitwig buttons to turn them off on the keyboard

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

If I update to 2.2.3rc2 how do I protect my presets that I've created.
I have quite a few atm, I wouldn't want to accidentally over-write them.

Thanks

bbreakz wrote:If I update to 2.2.3rc2 how do I protect my presets that I've created.

Thanks
If you're on Mac (Go menu> alt/option key) Library/Application Support/Bitwig

Also, username/Documents/Bitwig Studio

Back all that up, though I haven't any problems updating. Just in case of anything I like backups.

If on Windows or other, sorry I don't know.
-JH

JHernandez wrote:
bbreakz wrote:If I update to 2.2.3rc2 how do I protect my presets that I've created.

Thanks
If you're on Mac (Go menu> alt/option key) Library/Application Support/Bitwig

Also, username/Documents/Bitwig Studio

Back all that up, though I haven't any problems updating. Just in case of anything I like backups.

If on Windows or other, sorry I don't know.
Cool thx will do!!! I'm on a mac so this is great

Return to “Bitwig”