Sugar Bytes download tip: 'micro-updates'

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a heads up to all users of Sugar Bytes products.

Did you know this?:

- one time I accidentially downloaded one of the products I already had, but I noticed that even it was the same version no. the file size was bigger.

I then re-DL'ed all my products and they were all bigger!

I enquired by Sugar Bytes about this and got this answer:
yes, from time to time we come up with "silent" updates where the version number stays the same.
We usually do this if it's a very small bug only like eg in the graphic"
So now you know that, even if the version no. is the same, you might do well to check and re-download your products once in a while. :)

Not good to change installers with same build number. Always use a new build number for any change.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I’ve noticed the same thing with Avenger several times too. I don’t understand why they don’t make it a x.x.1 or x.x.x.1 update instead of keeping the same version number.

Thanks for the tip.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

You're welcome! :)

Poor practice.

Although thinking about it, its also bloody annoying how many developers fail to add some sort of 'last updated on' date information to their download pages.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Poor practice.

Although thinking about it, its also bloody annoying how many developers fail to add some sort of 'last updated on' date information to their download pages.
Or even notifying registered users !!!
Amazon: why not use an alternative

whyterabbyt wrote:Poor practice.

+1

I don't care. :) I just updated to their current total bundle for EUR 131 (no additional taxes).

7 x Plug-ins for EUR 131. I'm chuffed.

Aparillo
Artillery2
Factory
Guitarist
Looperator
Obscurium
Turnado (sold ages ago and now re-purchased for next to nothing)

I noticed that Unique has had a significant GUI update since the last time I downloaded and installed it.

Aloysius wrote:I don't care. :) I just updated to their current total bundle for EUR 131 (no additional taxes).

7 x Plug-ins for EUR 131. I'm chuffed.

Aparillo
Artillery2
Factory
Guitarist
Looperator
Obscurium
Turnado (sold ages ago and now re-purchased for next to nothing)

I noticed that Unique has had a significant GUI update since the last time I downloaded and installed it.
Just checked your price against mine and your upgrade price is cheaper for 7 than my upgrade for 6, despite if we bought those same plugins individually your price would be €200 more.......hmm

Maybe because I spent more than you. I purchased and sold some SB stuff. Would have to check my files to confirm 100% but that would be my best guess right now.

I also had EST and Gatr which have been discontinued and no longer appear in my SB Account.

electro wrote:Not good to change installers with same build number. Always use a new build number for any change.
This.

Aloysius wrote:Maybe because I spent more than you. I purchased and sold some SB stuff. Would have to check my files to confirm 100% but that would be my best guess right now.

I also had EST and Gatr which have been discontinued and no longer appear in my SB Account.
Maybe, I've also bought and resold a couple of things and bought ERA and EST during the Sonic Bytes days

Well then, I'll have to state the obvious. They don't like you. :P

Oh ffs. I decide to look up some SB videos and guess who rears his ugly head? Yes. You guessed it. Jordan f'n Rudess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voVTnlq6Nuw

Jordan Rudess talking about Sugar Bytes

Return to “Instruments”