Arturia Minibrute 2

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think i paid 420 for mine new, so 575 is ok for all the extras you get

whyterabbyt wrote:If RackBrute means their SP filter and the oscillator in module form, Im all for it.

Im kinda liking the 2S as well, I have to say.
Yeah me too. Some friends want to do some live jamming stuff again and I think that one of those paired with a 102 expander will be a nice combo and will also fit together physically rather nicely.

bharris22 wrote:The new Minibrutes definitely seem to improve upon the original, but at a price. At $650 it is significantly more than the $400 I paid for the original Minibrute. Not saying it isn't worth it, but just that the price point would make me consider some other options now available (like the Korg Minilogue or the Korg Arp Odyssey) that weren't available when Minibrute 1 came out.
And almost three times what I paid for my Microbrute...

But I do prefer the Brute filter sound, and I like the osc section as well. The big deal though is how well it integrates with Eurorack. I could sell a few modules to make up for the price difference and still have a net gain in functionality (and then have more rack space for a couple other fun modules later :hihi:)

ghettosynth wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:If RackBrute means their SP filter and the oscillator in module form, Im all for it.

Im kinda liking the 2S as well, I have to say.
Yeah me too. Some friends want to do some live jamming stuff again and I think that one of those paired with a 102 expander will be a nice combo and will also fit together physically rather nicely.
I was kinda thinking the same thing, recently joined an electronic music collective who do irregular jams. Looked at the MB2 but thought will probably need to take a laptop or buy a sequencer to go with it and then they release this :party:

bharris22 wrote:The new Minibrutes definitely seem to improve upon the original, but at a price. At $650 it is significantly more than the $400 I paid for the original Minibrute. Not saying it isn't worth it, but just that the price point would make me consider some other options now available (like the Korg Minilogue or the Korg Arp Odyssey) that weren't available when Minibrute 1 came out.
The general point here is definitely right; it's a much more competitive market than when the original was released.

That being said, I think this will definitely have its niche. It's a gateway drug for Eurorack essentially but also a fully fledged synth with some cool features in its own right.

I still don't like the minibrute form factor as it pertains to keys. But, I think the 2S is the shizzle if you can use an external keyboard with it.
Last edited by SJ_Digriz on Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:I still don't like the minibrute form factor as it pertains to keys. But, I think the S2 is the shizzle if you can use an external keyboard with it.
You can, MIDI in/out

How do you guys think the S2 compares with the Novation Circuit Monostation sound wise? It seems to have the sequencing power but lacks the patch bay. It does have patch saving/recall the lack of which has always put me off the Brutes . Guess it depends on how much you are into modular/external patching.

I notice the Monostation price has dropped to around £400.

SHall1000 wrote:How do you guys think the S2 compares with the Novation Circuit Monostation sound wise? It seems to have the sequencing power but lacks the patch bay. It does have patch saving/recall the lack of which has always put me off the Brutes . Guess it depends on how much you are into modular/external patching.

I notice the Monostation price has dropped to around £400.
I personally like the Mini/microbrute oscillator better than the Circuit mono/BS2. I like both filters but edge (for me) to Arturia.

So there's that subjective element - and I know some around here disagree with my opinion above.

Beyond that it's a choice between the convenience of digital, e.g. patch recall and a fully analogue synth with superior patching and interfacing options.

I would personally rather have the latter unless you need the former, e.g. live rig. None of the mini/microbrutes are so complex that setting up a patch takes too long once you've learned them. But again a personal view.

ere2learn wrote:Image

source ?

ere2learn wrote:Image
Awww, look... Baby is taking their first steps! Get the camera! :clap: :D

Minibrute 2S ia absolutely amaizng. However, how comes it's more expensive (599 E vs 575), since it's actually smaller than keyboard version? Is the simple dispay and additional circutry cost so high?

So far the worst part of it (the pathbay, the sequencer) seems to be the sound engine itself. I didn't hear anything interesting coming out of it, apart from extremely heavy basses and quasi-modular blips. Looking forward to some sound demos.
Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Odd, US shops all seem to have both at the same price for now.

I'd expect 16 lighted velocity sensitive pads, 16 small encoders, the big encoder, the display (is that a VFD or 16-segment blue LEDs?) and the larger number of lights and buttons probably do cost a little more than 25 velocity sensitive keys, 2 pots and 2 rotary switches.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”