Shadows (Eerie Drone) *Free to download for sampling purposes*

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

*Free to download and use in your own work*

I enabled Downloads on this so others can use this for sampling purposes and what not. I only ask that you don't claim the original track as your own and profit from it. Also please don't create sample collections from this original recording to make money from.

You can however slice it up, mangle it and use it in your own tracks \ compositions for a sound source and if you make money and sell it that's completely fine!

I used the Attribution Creative Commons licensing scheme for this, and from what I skimmed over this looks like it might be the right licence to use. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/

Also if you do make something cool with it, I'd really like to hear. Feel free to PM me your track and tell me what you did.

File size : 221.6mb
Format: .Wav
Sample Rate: 48,000khz
Bitrate: 32bit

https://soundcloud.com/user-841453413/shadows

Watch out for the shadows

Bazille, Reaktor6, Cypher2 all were used as synthesis sound sources which were then mangled into oblivion using a bunch of cool tools. After the track was done I ran it through a time stretcher and this is what it spat out. No horror samples involved here, just synthesized sound design.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 10 times in total.
:borg:

Nice work on this, can definitely image taking pieces here and there to be used for various tracks and as ambience for other media. I can also bet that running some filters for sweeps and pulses would have some really cool outcomes :)

JKillz wrote:Nice work on this, can definitely image taking pieces here and there to be used for various tracks and as ambience for other media. I can also bet that running some filters for sweeps and pulses would have some really cool outcomes :)

Yah it turned out to be interesting.

I turned Download on so if someone wants they can use it for sample material. :tu:

ill have a play, see if i can add anything without destroying the feel :)

I woz kinda expecting Apache. :(

:D

Googly Smythe wrote:I woz kinda expecting Apache. :(

Apache?

V0RT3X wrote:

Apache?
Just joking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgbcyfJgfQ

Googly Smythe wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:

Apache?
Just joking.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzgbcyfJgfQ
Hey that's a catchy track! I've heard that before, but never knew who it was.

out of interest, which reactor ensembles did you use?

vurt wrote:out of interest, which reactor ensembles did you use?

I ended up deleting this project by accident when I was messing about with Ableton so I can't open it up and really look into how I did it. I don't really follow any kind of formula that I can reproduce, I'm very much just take the mangle it and FSU approach to making stuff so a lot of the time it's quite hard to memorize each step. Maybe in the future I'll write down a recipe or something so I can actually remember how I did what I did.

Regardless I'll do my best to memorize at least what sort of Reaktor tools I used.

So the original track mainly consisted of strange glitchy rythmic sounds that were made using heavily automated synthesizer tracks. I usually create loops in live and then use the modulation to create frequency rhythms.

Reaktor Blocks is great for this and I loaded up a factory ensemble called Kyaraben which I used create some drone style sounds with.

I didn't really use any other reaktor sound manglers that I can recall.

Sorry I can't help out more.

The finished original track was close to 3:00 but I ran that through Audacity's Paul Stretch to get the final result.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

no probs, i know what its like with reaktor.

when i first upgraded to 6, i opened blocks, checked a couple of ensembles together. basically got the "stranger things" theme going (well a similar vibe)
then moved on to check through other new additions.
can i find that pair of ensembles and the default presets again? nope, nothing i open sounds right!
i mean, theyre still great toys, but why cant i find it :cry:

vurt wrote:no probs, i know what its like with reaktor.

when i first upgraded to 6, i opened blocks, checked a couple of ensembles together. basically got the "stranger things" theme going (well a similar vibe)
then moved on to check through other new additions.
can i find that pair of ensembles and the default presets again? nope, nothing i open sounds right!
i mean, theyre still great toys, but why cant i find it :cry:
Yah Reaktor is a great place to get lost in literally. I think the best approach (Which i intend on doing from now on) Is documenting all the stuff I do because I've been coming up with cool stuff and can't always reproduce it from memory alone.

I came to that realization when I had to do a bug-hunt for a developer.

Lots of ways to find a method to the madness :tu:
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

def a good backdrop for something dark and eerie :o
depeche mode used something like this
in a song "black celebration"
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

When it comes to drone sounds I end up using the free plugin dronos vst. Don't know if it is still available but it makes comparable sounds. Nice work by the way.

Greetings
HM

Return to “Music Cafe”