NRG Trance - EVE OF THE ACID RAIN - A Track Produced In 8 Hours

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I decided to give myself a fun little challenge some time ago in creating a full track within a day. It was a blast, :lol:, enjoy... 90's acid eat your heart out haha.

EVE OF THE ACID RAIN
https://soundcloud.com/scott-moncrieff- ... -acid-rain
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

This definitely has some potential, not bad for making it in one day :)

It seemed like the percussion was going to come in more, but it kind of stayed in the background and I am not sure if that was intentional or not. Just felt like it needed more presence in the mix.

Other than that, great melodies and acid sounds, reminded me of an interesting time of experimenting and having fun with the latest hardware toys lol

Jkillz is spot on, drums sound weak, no dynamic range in them. nice pads and arps though ;)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Oldschool uplifting trance is invading KVR :party: :love:

Agree with the others about the drums (they are way too weak and need much more presence in the mix) and the synths also need more mixing work as they sound a bit muddy and interfering each other at times. Also the track structure needs more work - these arpeggios in the first part apepar and dissapear in a somehow random manner making it hard to follow the flow of the track andthe transition from the first to the second part might be more smooth.

But overall it has great oldschoolish synth sounds and lovely melodies/chord progressions taken right from the golden era of trance. :tu:
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Yeah, it sounds like a bit of polishing is in order, but I'm sure you know that. Still a good listen though.

Thanks for the feedback replies, it was originally composed on Christmas Eve of 2016, however tonight for the first time, I've been working on a fresh new update of it with a few twists and turns. I've been concentrating on the compositional part mainly, so I'll continue with the fine tuning of the mix tomorrow and then I'll mix it with some video for youtube. It originally started out as a fun little music project with experimenting with automation in Studio One 3, something I generally don't use.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

Return to “Music Cafe”