What in your opinion is the best Synth for wide juicy differant flavor supersaws?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like charlatan's unison.
Regarding massive, i think unisson brings to much noise.
I prefer stacking oscillators, detuning them with randomize and adding only two-three unison voices max to avoid that "shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" sound.
Therefore, i'd rather use my fm8 to do that :D

I had a surprisingly good result from Lu-SH-101 recently. It is not typically a go to for that kind of sound as most probably think it is just a SH-101 but it has supersaw facilities.

A quick search shows it can do it :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBD8g5oqUaU

tehlord wrote:
surreal wrote:Why do you say that Geoff.. are you refering to massive in general or on a certain update of massive?
How you know my name :box:

Erm, well when I did a Massive bank I always thought the unison sounded phasey and metallic no matter what I did. You could get there in the end, but it was so much harder work than almost everything else available.
Lol no fight intended!! We used to be friends on FB and we are in the same Beta testing team.... but that is all I will reveal as anything more will come across as a conspiracy theory story!! :tu:

Supersaws don't necessarily have to be of the screeching type in edm.. they can be beautifully filter into nice warm pads like in Rank 1 Airwave... and other trance and progressive styles... non metalic.. just nice warm thick blanket of sound!!! :phones:

Thank you everyone for posting and sharing your insights here!!

surreal wrote:Hi friends and fellow kvrers! The Question is asked above. Both free and paid is welcome!!
dont know about the juicy part, but you might want to use a spacial enhancer for the wide part :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Daru925 wrote:I like charlatan's unison.
It's good, it really is. Was surprised about that too.

Hi guys! relatively new here but a long time lurker.

I like Spire's supersaws a lot. Speaking of different flavor, to my ears, there's something unique about the unison engine in spire. Individual voices can be made to sound detuned but they don't sound "cloudy" unlike some other popular synths. You can hear individual voices more clearly in Spire imo. This may or may not be the effect you want but I just find it unique.

For denser but slightly cloudier supersaws, I find Serum with a French LP filter along with some filter drive and a little bit of resonance real juicy!

The most flavors you can probably get from a wavetable synth like Serum or Dune 2 cause those synths let you load any waveform and play them back with a lot of detuned unison voices, which is essentially is what a "supersaw" does.

Icarus is worth a look...

there's no eff'n difference between any of em

No mention of Avenger? It does amazing supersaws ..

tehlord wrote:Erm, well when I did a Massive bank I always thought the unison sounded phasey and metallic no matter what I did.
It sounds phasey when "restarted via gate" option in OSC section is activated.

Kinh wrote:there's no eff'n difference between any of em
:hihi:

Next topic: Best Hoover sound for juicy hoovering fruit.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
Kinh wrote:there's no eff'n difference between any of em
:hihi:

Next topic: Best Hoover sound for juicy hoovering fruit.
Nope wrong! !!

Noisiest Hoover sound for best vacuum cleaning :tu: :lol:

Seing that SH 101 youtube thumbnail one question occured to me. Why that synth has to have Half of its space occupied by this gigantic keyboard? The synth controls are so tiny and that keyboard is so gigantic. I even tried demo once and uninstalled after few minutes because the controls were just too small. That keyboard is such a waste of space, what D16 was thinking is unimaginable :lol:

Its not like you going to use with a touchscreen (unless you have really huge one) and other then that most of producers do have some sort of keyboard anyways. That big virtual keyboard is something beyond my logic to understand :lol:

Return to “Instruments”