What synth to go next

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Choosing between Sylenth and Hive is always going to be a matter of opinion. Personally i favour Hive, mainly because I prefer its workflow and feature set but also because u-he are actively developing and improving it. It's well worth checking out Spire too, a very usable and feature rich synth that covers similar ground (i often use both Hive and Spire but you could probably do fine with only one).

As for Bazille, if it appeals to you then you should definitely spend some more time with it. It is a great synth for sound design with all manner of potential. Contrary to what others have posted it's perfectly suitable for DnB and techno too (especially the latter).

I'd recommend Discovery Pro or Corona :)

For D’n’b Massive is already good enough.
:borg:

eluherlu wrote: What about Strobe 2 ? Actually I'm getting this synth as a prize in Indaba competition, but not yet received it, its over a month now. Is Indaba even legit? Anybody know? :roll:
I've demoed this, tweaking sounds and some presets, it sounds good. But not really sure if this is what I'm looking for.
Strobe 2 is one of my all time favorite soft synths. Fantastic sound, but very cpu-hungry.
Very underrated and amazing, believe me.
U N I S O N : shoegaze/electronic wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/

I don't think you urgently need any more synths. Try looking online for interesting samples to run through Form.

Buy everything! Even though you clearly stated you have a limited budget. Especially buy what i bought, therefor reinforcing my purchasing decisions. Haha. We all know that buying more stuff makes better music. (I know some people just like to buy stuff and play around with it and then buy more, nothing wrong with that If you have the re$ources.)

yung-forever wrote:I don't think you urgently need any more synths. Try looking online for interesting samples to run through Form.
Or just spend a put a lot of time into using what you have and then upgrading to Komplete and gaining a load of new stuff. And check out freeware and demos while you save up.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

If you want to leave the maschine or can use it as vst, think about buying a real daw. Live, PreSonus and Logic have strong synths onboard?

Diva's thick sound is amazing! I also recommend watching d16 lush. There's always something good, alive that comes out of both.

Hive is close to massive but better in the sound, in my opinion. That's not gonna do you much good now for you.

Omnisphere has everything. Really good sounding.

The best price-performance ratio is certainly NI K. Absynth and fm8 are very powerful.

eluherlu wrote:
chk071 wrote: I'd get a more "modern" VA synth, as that's what's kind of missing in the Komplete bundles really. Think Spire, Sylenth1, or Dune 2, if you happen to like its sound.
generaldiomedes wrote: I would add Hive and Avenger to the list, although hard to beat the sheer number of presets available for Sylenth1 and Spire and Sylenth1's low CPU usage. I would probably just go with Sylenth1 to begin with, as I do like the sound a bit more than Spire, it's easier to learn on, tried and true and all that.
Thanks, I will demoing them later. I like U-he Hive sounds though. Between Hive and Sylenth1, what would you choose? Aside from presets. Hive is also cheaper, and low cpu too.
The dev of Hive recently hinted at wavetable oscillators coming to Hive in a future update, which surely will make the synth a lot more versatile, so, Hive might be a good future investment. Sylenth1's development seems more or less finished. Good sound, but, i'd surely favour Spire (which is a similar flavour) for almost the same money. Much more versatile, and IMO, sounds even better.

chk071 wrote: The dev of Hive recently hinted at wavetable oscillators coming to Hive in a future update, which surely will make the synth a lot more versatile, so, Hive might be a good future investment.
Interesting .. so that would put it squarely in Synthmaster One territory.
chk071 wrote: Sylenth1's development seems more or less finished. Good sound, but, i'd surely favour Spire (which is a similar flavour) for almost the same money. Much more versatile, and IMO, sounds even better.
Sadly, it seems so. I think their website should be changed as it currently reads 'LennarDigital is a young, innovative and refreshing company'. I do wonder what Lennard does these days other than collect revenue from Sylenth1? You could easily add additional filter types, waveforms, effects, etc. without impacting existing patches.

At least Spire recently put out some updates.

Despite all that however Sylenth1 is still a contender.

don't get anything next. Komplete should need nothing else if it is really Complete :idea:

or get something nice for your mom...she gave you life, what have you
given back to her that compares anywhere near that? :idea:
Last edited by layzer on Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Yatmandu wrote:
Zexila wrote:
JerGoertz wrote:Get all of them, it's the only way to be sure.
:hihi:

Thanks all, I finally got Bazille.. So much to explore in this synth.. I think fun and experimental are the factor why I go with this, because for me, after all making music is all about fun :party:

SynthMaster
Windows 10 and too many plugins

eluherlu wrote:Thanks all, I finally got Bazille.. So much to explore in this synth.. I think fun and experimental are the factor why I go with this, because for me, after all making music is all about fun :party:
I have the Beatzille version of that synth. I really like the sounds it can make. That should keep you busy for a while! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:I have the Beatzille version of that synth. I really like the sounds it can make. D
I have Beatzille and BazilleCM. They make me want to trade my DIVA for someone's full version of Bazille. :o
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”