Apogee back on Windows

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After reading that Apogee-Products are Windows(10) compatible again I'm a bit confused after the buzz they made (Long ago in 2009) about the inferiorness of MS Windows and the greatness of macOS.

I mean it's cool they are back on the dark side of OSes but on the other Hand there is some kind of negative connotation to me. Nonetheless the Hardware Looks great and I think about having a Mic Plus soon :love:

Just want to know what you think about this!? 8)
Can this thread be erased?
Im tired of the fanboys and the clueless know it alls.

Another company full of s**t, is this really surprising ?
Duh

They probably didn't like how stupidly frequently Apple have been changing their OS over the last few years, nor the way Apple passive-aggressively bully people into upgrades (not good for work machines). I'm not remotely fond of Windows or PC hardware, but the differences that made Apple products superior have been getting burned away by "today's" Apple ever since the stupidity of 2013's "transitional" Apple...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Awesome!

Now when I buy a windows computer in the future I’ll be able to still use my Duet.

It’s nice to have options!
:borg:

TBH, i wouldn't care what the devs have to say about anything. Of course, the statement comes over as ridiculous, but, in the end, the product is what matters to me. Gonna drop some controvery here: I don't have an issue using the free Kjaerhus Classic plugins as well, after reading the story about the dev. The quality, and use of the plugins has no connection to the person who wrote those for me. I wouldn't know if some other dev supports islamistic terror in middle east countries as well, so...

chk071 wrote:Gonna drop some controvery here: I don't have an issue using the free Kjaerhus Classic plugins as well, after reading the story about the dev. The quality, and use of the plugins has no connection to the person who wrote those for me. I wouldn't know if some other dev supports islamistic terror in middle east countries as well, so...
If you're comfortable using free software developed by the head of a paedophile network, then go ahead. Shout about it. I'd rather not. :neutral:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
chk071 wrote:Gonna drop some controvery here: I don't have an issue using the free Kjaerhus Classic plugins as well, after reading the story about the dev. The quality, and use of the plugins has no connection to the person who wrote those for me. I wouldn't know if some other dev supports islamistic terror in middle east countries as well, so...
If you're comfortable using free software developed by the head of a paedophile network, then go ahead. Shout about it. I'd rather not. :neutral:
Again, you wouldn't know what any other dev does in his spare time too. Does it have an affect on the software? I don't think so. But, of course, your own decision. But, it's not like i would "support" the person in any way anyway, by using his free plugins. Not that i really do, i have lots of better alternatives. Just saying that i don't have a problem with that, in the same way i don't have a problem with using products manufactured in third world communist oppressor countries.

And off we go to Hyde Park
Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

Yeah, i must admit the comparison was a bit off. Lemme put it like that: I couldn't care less what the devs claimed in the past. It wouldn't make me not buy the hardware, if the hardware and software is of good quality.

bungle wrote:Another company full of s**t, is this really surprising ?
Why is it full of shit that in 2009, when Windows was just coming out of it's Vista incarnation, Apogee had no confidence in Microsoft's operating systems. Is it not possible that since then Windows has managed to get to a state where a company like Apogee feels confident enough to support it?

No, not at all. Unless you want to chime in to the choir preaching that Vista was so much worse than anything later. It wasn't, really. And, at that time, Windows XP was still going strong, so. I don't understand why Apogee stated that at all, especially considering that MacOS always was the more difficult to maintain system, with all the changes newer versions of it were going through. Again though, wouldn't at all matter to me. Unless they stop support for Windows at some point again. Now that would suck big time, if you bought a product for them, and you're on Windows. I doubt they'd ever let such a important market slip aways again though.

chk071 wrote:No, not at all. Unless you want to chime in to the choir preaching that Vista was so much worse than anything later. It wasn't, really. And, at that time, Windows XP was still going strong, so. I don't understand why Apogee stated that at all, especially considering that MacOS always was the more difficult to maintain system, with all the changes newer versions of it were going through. Again though, wouldn't at all matter to me. Unless they stop support for Windows at some point again. Now that would suck big time, if you bought a product for them, and you're on Windows. I doubt they'd ever let such a important market slip aways again though.
I wasn't comparing Vista against other Windows OS', but against Snow Leopard, which is what Apogee would have been comparing it to. One of the two is still highly regarded as an extremely stable OS with which to build a virtual studio. The other, is...

It is not like Apogee was just some guy getting into Mac vs Pc debates on KVR. Rather, it is a company that likely believed (Not without some research, testing etc, I'm sure) that the stress of dealing with possible/probable support issues negated the extra revenue generated from serving a huge part of the computing community.

In some areas of life, exclusivity really sells. However, in the case of Apogee products, I imagine that many users of their products would have loved them to be cross-platform. I'm certainly one of them who is now glad to be able to use my Apogee 'One' while I'm Bootcamping Windows 10.

I don't believe they were bullshitting, nor do I believe that this is some desperate cash-grab (unless you have access to some of their accounts). I believe that they must've felt justified enough to have shut themselves off to the last 8 years of pc revenue :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
chk071 wrote:No, not at all. Unless you want to chime in to the choir preaching that Vista was so much worse than anything later. It wasn't, really. And, at that time, Windows XP was still going strong, so. I don't understand why Apogee stated that at all, especially considering that MacOS always was the more difficult to maintain system, with all the changes newer versions of it were going through. Again though, wouldn't at all matter to me. Unless they stop support for Windows at some point again. Now that would suck big time, if you bought a product for them, and you're on Windows. I doubt they'd ever let such a important market slip aways again though.
I wasn't comparing Vista against other Windows OS', but against Snow Leopard, which is what Apogee would have been comparing it to. One of the two is still highly regarded as an extremely stable OS with which to build a virtual studio. The other, is...

It is not like Apogee was just some guy getting into Mac vs Pc debates on KVR. Rather, it is a company that likely believed (Not without some research, testing etc, I'm sure) that the stress of dealing with possible/probable support issues negated the extra revenue generated from serving a huge part of the computing community.

In some areas of life, exclusivity really sells. However, in the case of Apogee products, I imagine that many users of their products would have loved them to be cross-platform. I'm certainly one of them who is now glad to be able to use my Apogee 'One' while I'm Bootcamping Windows 10.

I don't believe they were bullshitting, nor do I believe that this is some desperate cash-grab (unless you have access to some of their accounts). I believe that they must've felt justified enough to have shut themselves off to the last 8 years of pc revenue :shrug:
Well, if half of the companies in the business would have done the same, it might have hinted at some point doing so. But, if one company excludes itself from the Windows market, i can't really see how that would be an indicator on possible issues in supporting it. But, of course they have to know themselves whether they want to support an important market or not. Obviously, they decided that it is worth it now.

BTW, there's many more companies not supporting Mac than Windows. But, i don't really see that as a hint of potential issues supporting Mac in general, rather as a hint that the respective companies don't want to spend the time testing and supporting multiple platforms, or see the bigger market on the Windows side.

Thanks guys for your objectiver opinions here. :D If you use apogee-products, can you tell me how good they are? Is this high-end like MOTU & RME? Thanks in advance!!
Can this thread be erased?
Im tired of the fanboys and the clueless know it alls.

chk071 wrote:BTW, there's many more companies not supporting Mac than Windows. But, i don't really see that as a hint of potential issues supporting Mac in general, rather as a hint that the respective companies don't want to spend the time testing and supporting multiple platforms, or see the bigger market on the Windows side.
Each case might be different. I'm inclined to believe that many Windows-only developers are not willing to buy a Mac, learn to code for it, then support it, if they feel the extra sales won't be worth the effort. However, unless you speak to each one, you can't be sure.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”