VRoom Suggestions

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

Just purchased Room and VintageVerb...both just great products!

I have two queries:

Q1: It would be "nice" to see a means of knowing which folder and then which preset has been selected from either the User Presets or the Factory Presets - in a similar manner as that of the Reverb Mode menu option.
1.png
Q2: Not really an "issue", but I am a bit of a stickler for folder management, but is there a "reason" why the various plugin folders are not all located within one folder? For example, the three folders, Valhalla DSP, LLC, ValhallaRoom, and ValhallaRoomPreferences which are located at C:\ProgramData and C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming - could the folders ValhallaRoom and ValhallaRoomPreferences not be located within the Valhalla DSP, LLC folder itself? Just curious.
2.png
Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The folder locations are based on the definition of "user directory" versus "global directory" in Windows. Juce uses these definitions (which are based on the Windows versions) to figure out where the folders go.

Sean,

Thanks for the reply!

What of the indicators/notifiers?

mr-es335 wrote:Sean,

Thanks for the reply!

What of the indicators/notifiers?
I'll look into this for the next update. Right now, there aren't any updates scheduled - I just released updates in April for Room, Shimmer and VintageVerb. I'll definitely be looking at this folder path in the preset name for upcoming plugins.

Sean,

Thank you for the reply! Much appreciated.

PS: I am enjoying vRoom very, very much. As an acoustic guitarist, vRoom simply allows me to focus more on the playing, rather than on just how the sound of the playing "got there". Does this make sense?

Sean,

Two things...

1. Updating vRoom to have the same folder heiarchy as vVintage Verb and vPlate:
Combined - Folders small.png
2. Updating vRoom to have the same menu options as vVintage Verb and vPlate:
Combined - Menus small.png
Thank you for your consideration.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello,

Please correct me if I misunderstand this point, but it would "appear" that vRoom is not using the same GUI layout as the other plug-ins?

Please advise?

mr-es335 wrote:Hello,

Please correct me if I misunderstand this point, but it would "appear" that vRoom is not using the same GUI layout as the other plug-ins?

Please advise?
All the plugins have different GUIs and features, depending on when they were developed. ValhallaRoom was released in early 2011. The GUI is closer to ValhallaÜberMod, which was released in late 2011. The more recent plugins (ValhallaVintageVerb, ValhallaPlate) have more in common with each other than with the earlier plugins. ValhallaShimmer is its own thing as well.

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

valhallasound wrote:

Please advise?
All the plugins have different GUIs and features, depending on when they were developed. ValhallaRoom was released in early 2011. The GUI is closer to ValhallaÜberMod, which was released in late 2011. The more recent plugins (ValhallaVintageVerb, ValhallaPlate) have more in common with each other than with the earlier plugins. ValhallaShimmer is its own thing as well.
Sean,

Any plans to update the older plugins to match the features of the newer GUIs?

Tappistry wrote:
valhallasound wrote:

Please advise?
Sean,

Any plans to update the older plugins to match the features of the newer GUIs?
No current plans to do so. Right now, I'm working on new products, and I need to keep my attention focused on those. ValhallaRoom was updated in April 2017, in order to bring the GUI into line with the other GUIs from a visual sense (i.e. less space taken up by VALHALLA ROOM at the top of the GUI).

Return to “Valhalla DSP”