Warning about Sonnox Plugins. Lose your Ilok Key Pay 10£(13.73 USD) PER PLUGIN

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What a ripoff Every all my ilok key necessary give me the liscence key after loss for Free

i got 4 of their plugins so now i have to pay 54.93US(40£ )
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Now THAT's what I call customer service. :hihi:

Maybe it's time to change your signature?

If your plugin cost me money after loss, Say So.
If not make me aware of it Please.

:)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

realmarco wrote:What a ripoff Every all my ilok key necessary give me the liscence key after loss for Free
I don't even understand that, to be honest.

chk071 wrote:
realmarco wrote:What a ripoff Every all my ilok key necessary give me the liscence key after loss for Free
I think they are saying that all their ilok key developers give license replacements after loss for free [except Sonnox].

I say, caveat emptor. buyer beware. Pace makes it clear that on loss you will have to get replacements from the developer and there may be a fee, check with the developer.

It's up to you to look into all the implications of your purchase decisions. Pace makes this clear. You don't have a case.

plexuss wrote:
chk071 wrote:
I think they are saying that all their ilok key developers give license replacements after loss for free [except Sonnox].

I say, caveat emptor. buyer beware. Pace makes it clear that on loss you will have to get replacements from the developer and there may be a fee, check with the developer.

It's up to you to look into all the implications of your purchase decisions. Pace makes this clear. You don't have a case.
regardless of the right wing tough guy business is god attitude it seems possible to go through the entire ordering process just up to clicking confirm without being made aware of this fee. I doubt it would stand up in court in more enlightened countries where one has to make reasonable efforts to inform customers of their rights and obligations. Of course it would not be worth your while bothering to challenge.

Have you contacted Sonnox - if not it may be worthwhile doing so and letting them know their policy is quite harsh compared to most other vendors

woops Sorry what i was trying to say is that

all other ilok-key-necessary-plugins I have are "lost-ilok-now-bought-new-ilok-key-recover-liscence" free

So now for my 4 Sonnox liscences i have to pay 10£ each... so thats 54.93USD (40£)

...what a ripoff !!!

its just Software C'mon !!
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Once again, software companies punishing the people who actually buy their software instead of pirating it. So f**king backwards.
-Tom

https://assemblage23.bandcamp.com
http:/helix.bandcamp.com

I have the transmod by sonnox.

while I love it, I do believe that if they keep their polices of resale / high prices / 1 license / and difficulties to handle like the op stated their business might go bad quick.

that's one reasons as why I never bought any other plugin besides envolution. otherwise would have bought some at least. I just downloaded the new sonnox doubler, and it needs to make a ultra huge impact on me for me to consider buying it, but I do know it'll sound at least good.

I agree with the previous post, software companies are punishing the people who actually buy their software. which is kinda scary.

I think it's ok if u enter no brainer territory or if u are big enough like Waves.

on the good side, have to give my thumbs up to companies like plugin alliance and Toontrack. their system is really nice overall for big companies such as them.
Last edited by michaeltn86 on Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

My experience of the Sonnox are similar than the author has.
I haven´t lost my iLok, but I own two Sonnox plugins, the Sonnox Oxford Eq and the Sonnox Oxford Inflator.
Once the toppermost of the poppermost. But not anymore, for me.

I bought those back in the 2008, paid for those (about) $ 350. In those days the OS was XP, 32 bit.

When I later moved to the 64 bit DAW, to my surprise, to the contrary 99,5 % developers do, the Sonnox did not give 64 bit plugin update for free of charge, but the Sonnox policy is to charge several tens of dollars for the loyal customer for that update!!! Those who had alreadt paid several hundreds for the plugins.

I refused to pay. This means, I have 2 unused 32 bit Sonnox plugins. And I will never buy any Sonnox plugins.

Was this a succesful policy and the end result, the developer wished? I doubt it. A lot of bad will created, bad publicity, lost customer... :tu:

Don't buy shit. If you bought shit, don't complain. If you bought shit and didn't know, too bad. :(
And yes, iLok is shit. No matter the developer.
This doesn't only "protect" software; it protects developers from more customers. And every customer pays for it.

Doesn't Plugin Alliance use the Waves copy protection?

TheKid wrote:Don't buy shit. If you bought shit, don't complain. If you bought shit and didn't know, too bad. :(
And yes, iLok is shit. No matter the developer.
This doesn't only "protect" software; it protects developers from more customers. And every customer pays for it.

Doesn't Plugin Alliance use the Waves copy protection?

This was not supposed to be, once again, a iLok filth casting contest. But for the above:
Bad advice. I rather install one well made auhtorization, if (and when) there must be one, than 57 different, separate developer authorization software - you multiply the risk that some or these additional software creates a security risk or slows down your computer. Its simply math.

Return to “Effects”