What in your opinion is the best Synth for wide juicy differant flavor supersaws?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:Sylenth1. Spire. :)
+1

I use those two a lot. Also on my list are Dune 2, Diva, Sunrizer, Avenger, and LuSH-101.

Elektronisch wrote:Seing that SH 101 youtube thumbnail one question occured to me. Why that synth has to have Half of its space occupied by this gigantic keyboard? The synth controls are so tiny and that keyboard is so gigantic. I even tried demo once and uninstalled after few minutes because the controls were just too small. That keyboard is such a waste of space, what D16 was thinking is unimaginable :lol:

Its not like you going to use with a touchscreen (unless you have really huge one) and other then that most of producers do have some sort of keyboard anyways. That big virtual keyboard is something beyond my logic to understand :lol:
You can remove the keyboard from the gui in the options of the synth.
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Seing that SH 101 youtube thumbnail one question occured to me. Why that synth has to have Half of its space occupied by this gigantic keyboard? The synth controls are so tiny and that keyboard is so gigantic. I even tried demo once and uninstalled after few minutes because the controls were just too small. That keyboard is such a waste of space, what D16 was thinking is unimaginable :lol:

Its not like you going to use with a touchscreen (unless you have really huge one) and other then that most of producers do have some sort of keyboard anyways. That big virtual keyboard is something beyond my logic to understand :lol:
So?

Elektronisch wrote:
Pyrotek45 wrote:

So?
just saying, You CAN remove it from the gui so its not a total "waste of space".
~Pyrotek45

Pyrotek45 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:
Pyrotek45 wrote:

So?
just saying, You CAN remove it from the gui so its not a total "waste of space".
But it is, if you remove the keyboard synth is still very clunky to use due to how clutered it is :) removing keyboard is not the point, its just whole logic to choose to make such big keyboard when synth itself clearly suffers for tiny controls and that space that was used for keyboard couldve just been used to make a better and more relaxing/clearier layout :)
Why that synth has to have Half of its space occupied by this gigantic keyboard? The synth controls are so tiny and that keyboard is so gigantic.

I forgot to mention Synthmaster which is another good choice. 8)

Thanks for all the suggestions!

generaldiomedes wrote:No mention of Avenger? It does amazing supersaws ..
While Avenger has the nice "V-Saw" feature and i got multiple synths that offer some sort of dedicated Superaw/Hypersaw (including e.g. Diva, JP6K, Icarus, Electra 2.5, Serum etc.) i currently focus on using samples within Avenger and also using layers of multiple samples in a single patch.

Those samples i just used in Avenger are from:
- Virus TI Hypersaw (samples done before i sold my TI Mk1 desktop in 2015)
- JP-8000 Supersaw (taken from JP6K plugin loaded in Live 9 64-bit with jBridge used)
- Novation UltraNova Multisaw ("Density" feature/parameters available in all 3 Oscs which is up to 5 detuned wavforms per Osc, comparable to a "HYpersaw")

The "Density" feature in UltraNova is one of my favorite features of the synth and works for all waveforms, no just Sawtooth. This is independent from the global Unison that is included too.

Just some hours ago i created a patch in Avenger where i used samples of all 3 synths mentioned above.
The Nexus filters and the AA Reverb in Avenger are really great for that specific kind of sound.

You could also combine the V-Saw feature in Avenger with such samples to get even bigger/fatter sounds.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:
While Avenger has the nice "V-Saw" feature and i got multiple synths that offer some sort of dedicated Superaw/Hypersaw (including e.g. Diva, JP6K, Icarus, Electra 2.5, Serum etc.) i currently focus on using samples within Avenger and also using layers of multiple samples in a single patch.

- JP-8000 Supersaw (taken from JP6K plugin loaded in Live 9 64-bit with jBridge used)
- Novation UltraNova Multisaw ("Density" feature/parameters available in all 3 Oscs which is up to 5 detuned wavforms per Osc, comparable to a "HYpersaw")

The "Density" feature in UltraNova is one of my favorite features of the synth and works for all waveforms, no just Sawtooth. This is independent from the global Unison that is included too.

Just some hours ago i created a patch in Avenger where i used samples of all 3 synths mentioned above.
The Nexus filters and the AA Reverb in Avenger are really great for that specific kind of sound.

You could also combine the V-Saw feature in Avenger with such samples to get even bigger/fatter sounds.
I have now created a bigger colection of Supersaw/Hypersaw/Unison sounds that i currently use in Avenger. Except the Juno-106 plugin all are sampled at multiple detune amounts

Those i got now are:
- Virus TI Hypersaw with 9 Saws (from TI MK1 desktop)
- JP6K plugin Supersaw (= JP-8000)
- U-He Diva Supersaw (= JP-8000)
- Novation UltraNova Multisaw (Density feature) with 1 Osc (= 5 detuned Saws) and 3 Oscs (= 15 detuned Saws)
- U-He Repro-5 8 voice Unison
- Korg ARP Odyssey plugin 16 voice Unison
- Roland Cloud Juno-106 Unison
- Waldorf Largo 6 voice Unison

Currently in Avenger i check using samples of single synths and also layers of different ones. If you want to use only a single synth especially such layers are very difficult or almost imposible without using samples.

For those who do not want to use samples the Multisaw/Unison options in e.g. DUNE 2.5 and Tone2 Icarus might be the most versatile ones and in both this works for all waveforms, not just a sawtooth.

In Repro-5 having a polyphonic 8 voice Unison is not possible. Same with the 16 voice Unison in the Korg Odyssey plugin.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Is it legal to sample other synths? 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Is it legal to sample other synths? 8)
I think unless the synth itself relies on samples which you resample without any modifications, it's just as legal as using synths in your tracks.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Ingonator wrote:In Repro-5 having a polyphonic 8 voice Unison is not possible.
There is still some empty space in the unison section of Repro 5. They might replace the unison switch with a slider or knob for selecting polyphonic unison modes as well, i.e. additionally 2 x 4 voices and 4 x 2 voices.

Ingonator wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

I have now created a bigger colection of Supersaw/Hypersaw/Unison sounds that i currently use in Avenger. Except the Juno-106 plugin all are sampled at multiple detune amounts

Those i got now are:
- Virus TI Hypersaw with 9 Saws (from TI MK1 desktop)
- JP6K plugin Supersaw (= JP-8000)
- U-He Diva Supersaw (= JP-8000)
- Novation UltraNova Multisaw (Density feature) with 1 Osc (= 5 detuned Saws) and 3 Oscs (= 15 detuned Saws)
- U-He Repro-5 8 voice Unison
- Korg ARP Odyssey plugin 16 voice Unison
- Roland Cloud Juno-106 Unison
- Waldorf Largo 6 voice Unison

Currently in Avenger i check using samples of single synths and also layers of different ones. If you want to use only a single synth especially such layers are very difficult or almost imposible without using samples.

For those who do not want to use samples the Multisaw/Unison options in e.g. DUNE 2.5 and Tone2 Icarus might be the most versatile ones and in both this works for all waveforms, not just a sawtooth.

In Repro-5 having a polyphonic 8 voice Unison is not possible. Same with the 16 voice Unison in the Korg Odyssey plugin.
Hi Ingo,

Thanks for your inputs and insight here! Would you mind sharing these presets and samples for Avenger, Icarus and Electrax please if you dont mind?

Thank you very much for your input everyone.

Every flexible synth can create a wide variety of supersaws. Serum and Dune 2 have a plenty of wavetables and unison options. Even LuSH-101, even though it's emulation, can generate a variety of flavours just because it has separate "detune" and "amount" sliders.

It was never a issue for me to create a "variety" of supersaws, rather to create the right one - which is crystal clear and lush, but also airy.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Is it legal to sample other synths? 8)
Who cares if it means you can write another pointless list :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”