Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR

Oldest plugins you still actually use

imrae
KVRist

213 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Postby imrae; Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:30 am Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

Waves Doubler is a star: good workflow for a workhorse effect, and still no real competitors. I can't find the release date but there are forum posts about it from 2007.
emef
KVRist

458 posts since 4 Jun, 2001

Postby emef; Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:09 am Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

Touch The Universe wrote:I used vb-1 and quadrafuzz the other day in a track. Got amazing results. Not sure why I stopped using them.

forgot about quadrafuzz, i use it regularly, it's one of the main reasons i keep the 32bit cubase 8.5 installed
i'm not a fan of quadrafuzz 2
lolilol1975
KVRian

538 posts since 6 Dec, 2015

Postby lolilol1975; Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 am Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

Brother Charles wrote:Guys! What about NastyDLA and all the other fabulous VOS collection?
I still enjoy NI B4-II.

I use Variety Of Sound stuff daily.
Googly Smythe
KVRAF

2028 posts since 11 May, 2011, from The 51st state

Postby Googly Smythe; Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:03 am Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

C1 (in gate mode) on every project;
Q10 now and again. Not so much since Cubase 7 (introduction of the new mixer).
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2226 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:04 am Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

Waves RenEq and RenVox
(Ren Maxx was my first purchased effect bundle, and most of the plugins included, have kept time pretty well.)
Halonmusic
KVRian

779 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:10 am Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

lolilol1975 wrote:
Brother Charles wrote:Guys! What about NastyDLA and all the other fabulous VOS collection?
I still enjoy NI B4-II.

I use Variety Of Sound stuff daily.

Me too. Wish he'd come back to develop new plugins.
yul
KVRian

797 posts since 26 Sep, 2002, from Montreal, CANADA

Postby yul; Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:14 pm Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

Halonmusic wrote:
Vortifex wrote:
asb2m10 wrote:SQ8L; to me this is an absolute gem. So sad that the code went to be abyss afterwards: either sell it or open-source it.

My wet dream would be uh-e or TAL working on the original code base for an 2018 implementation. It sounds like nothing else in the plugin market.

Yeah, same here. I wish someone would take it on and sort the GUI out so I could understand how to program the damn thing.

Same. It's a pita to program that one. :?

The only thing that needs updated is the filter which is already pretty good but could be improved.

Rest of the plug is 1:1 with real HW and should remain imo. 64 bits would be great. I still can't figure out why anyone wouldn't release this open source or delegate dev.. odd stuff indeed.
toonertik
KVRist

236 posts since 15 Feb, 2017

Postby toonertik; Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:33 pm Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

:oops:
Most of my VSTi's are old... we grow old UN_Gracefully together...
Synapapse Audio Jungalist and Plucked string (circa 2002)
Spicy Guitar... Revitar.
LinPlug's free Alpha and Oatmeal and OFC Crystal (but he keeps it fairly updated )
CakeW_Project 5's Pysyn and the Original Dimension both DXis and the original Rapture as well as Z3ta_1.5
AnaMark
FireBird... and if I am lucky a FatBird, sometimes>>> :lol:
CMPlay
Shortcircuit
ok.. ok enough of this... I did get some new stuff though...
Synthmaster (5 years ago but updated..) Thorn, Fathom and Iris2 cos they virtually gave it away in the new year
and SQ8L but that is 2006/8 so still quiet young in my collection.. I'll age it well though.
So I am all modern now... :o
cthonophonic
KVRer

16 posts since 1 Jan, 2018

Postby cthonophonic; Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:03 pm Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

yul wrote:I still can't figure out why anyone wouldn't release this open source or delegate dev.. odd stuff indeed.

On the KVR product page for SQ8L, there is speculation that the developer, Siegfried Kullmann, died in 2014, though the obit that they link to is pretty generic, so it's unclear whether it's really the same person.
mumpcake
KVRian

566 posts since 26 Aug, 2004

Postby mumpcake; Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:18 pm Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

Triangle II
Rapture
RMV (Wizoo Platinum drum set)
Crystal
Synth 1

And of course...

Delay Lama
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2226 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:27 pm Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

mumpcake wrote:Triangle II
Rapture
RMV (Wizoo Platinum drum set)
Crystal
Synth 1

And of course...

Delay Lama

8) Which was the latest production, where you used the Delay Lama?
mumpcake
KVRian

566 posts since 26 Aug, 2004

Postby mumpcake; Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:12 am Re: Oldest plugins you still actually use

I use Delay Lama like Daft Punk uses vocoders.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments