Plugin Alliance: PickPack any 10 Plugins, $29 per month, 29 months, Own Them

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

They sure have vouchers for their loyal customers but not everyone have. They do have discounts but some of the plugins like the channel strips never had a discount that put them in the $80 region. It's an option for anyone who can't pay cash but it's still possible to buy individual plugins, same as before. Everyone should be happy :P ..but this is KVR
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Recourt wrote:At least you own them at the end unlike subscription plans. There will still be flash sales and vouchers so what is there to complain about?
The rent-to-own model already exists, so why would you compare it to a subscription model?

As for complaining: What you might see as complaining, forward-thinking companies would call market research (I've been paid to do that on many occasions)

ATN69 wrote:..but this is KVR
Where, fortunately, in most cases, freedom of speech/opinion is supported. If you feel the need to censor then perhaps ask to become a moderator :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
ATN69 wrote:..but this is KVR
Where, fortunately, in most cases, freedom of speech/opinion is supported. If you feel the need to censor then perhaps ask to become a moderator :shrug:
Did I ever say anything against freedom of speech? ..No! I just exercised my own right to freedom of speech :D
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:Did I ever say anything against freedom of speech? ..
No! But you did that classic thing here of dismissing opinion as just being because kvr users will never be happy. In this case, there are perfectly valid reasons why people could be unhappy with both the new rent-to-own schemes, and the constant sales.

I think Dirk mentioned in Facebook that they're considering smaller pack for their lower-priced plugins. I'll be waiting for that one.

No! But you did that classic thing here of dismissing opinion as just being because kvr users will never be happy. In this case, there are perfectly valid reasons why people could be unhappy with both the new rent-to-own schemes, and the constant sales.
Sorry but I don't share that view since PA still offer the possibility to buy individual plugins cash. I would agree if that option would be removed and the rent to own were the only way. As it is now there should be an option that will work for everyone, and no need to complain really. I am not dismissing opinions at all, just expressing my own opinion, and my opinion is that there often is a lot of complain for nothing.

Can we paid more than 29$ if I can paid more ? (Just like splice already do...)

ATN69 wrote:
Sorry but I don't share that view since PA still offer the possibility to buy individual plugins cash. I would agree if that option would be removed and the rent to own were the only way. As it is now there should be an option that will work for everyone, and no need to complain really. I am not dismissing opinions at all, just expressing my own opinion, and my opinion is that there often is a lot of complain for nothing.
You've just done exactly the same thing, again!

Just because you don't understand why some people might be unhappy with either option, doesn't mean you should dismiss it with, "there should be an option that will work for everyone, and no need to complain really", and that it's, "a lot of complain for nothing". You are dismissing others' opinions as just unnecessary complaining, whether you see it or not

hivkorn wrote:Can we paid more than 29$ if I can paid more ? (Just like splice already do...)
I am asking Dirk this question right now. Let's see if I will get an answer :)

Thx ATN , i am okay for the rent to own thing , but for my point of view 29 month is just TOO long..

ATN69 wrote:
You've just done exactly the same thing, again!

Just because you don't understand why some people might be unhappy with either option, doesn't mean you should dismiss it with, "there should be an option that will work for everyone, and no need to complain really", and that it's, "a lot of complain for nothing". You are dismissing others' opinions as just unnecessary complaining, whether you see it or not
You are right that I don't understand why some people might be unhappy, but everyone who walks this earth is entitled to their own opinion, including you and me. I didn't mean to dismiss that at all. I just fail to see the logic of the complaint, but maybe it is because I don't buy plugins with the intention of selling them at a later stage, hoping to get as much money back as possible. I buy plugins for my usage and so far I never sold anything :)

hivkorn wrote:Thx ATN , i am okay for the rent to own thing , but for my point of view 29 month is just TOO long..
I agree! I rather buy cash than paying 29 month. It's too long for me.

ATN69 wrote:
The only one who complain for nothing are you atm. Everything what el-bo said i have to agree.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
ATN69 wrote:
The only one who complain for nothing are you atm. Everything what el-bo said i have to agree.
Okay :D

Return to “Effects”