Next updates to u-he Bazille

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A free running sequencer would be great.
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:A free running sequencer would be great.
This can already be done. Just set the sequencer's "trigger" parameter to "free" (or "sync", depending on what you want).

themagicalkamja wrote:
rod_zero wrote:A free running sequencer would be great.
This can already be done. Just set the sequencer's "trigger" parameter to "free" (or "sync", depending on what you want).
I would like to be able to modulate the speed

ability to store tap speed factors with each sequencer slot

modulating with ableton live produces weird results where the speed factor is not updated correctly in the bazile gui

I don’t own the full Bazille but happily use bazilleCM. I could be pushed over the edge to upgrading to the full one some day, but I’d like to see swing for the sequencer, which to me is always a glaring omission for any arp or sequencer. Also of course 48 note range up and down but I know that’s coming. Not hopeful about the swing though.

wagtunes wrote:I can't even think of what you'd want to add to Bazille.
higher quality, more oversampling at least.

should be a easy/ quick update?

Also no modularity on the fxs is a big flow on this product imo

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I don’t own the full Bazille but happily use bazilleCM. I could be pushed over the edge to upgrading to the full one some day, but I’d like to see swing for the sequencer, which to me is always a glaring omission for any arp or sequencer. Also of course 48 note range up and down but I know that’s coming. Not hopeful about the swing though.
Yeah, that doesn't seem so likely given that it is not an arp or traditional sequencer.

In the full Bazille, there are a number of ways to create a sequenced groove... though if you need to keep it sync'ed to host tempo, that gets trickier. The easiest way is of course to use a VST arp.

kobal wrote:

hehe... something like that is rarely an easy quick update :wink:

I run Bazille @ 96khz - it sounds great at that sample rate.

pdxindy wrote:
kobal wrote:

Isn't there the case where they (u-he plugins )automatically detect your host rate and switch to more or less oversampling? Just example - at 44khz bazille is x4 but on 96khz Bazille is x2 oversampled? So anyway shouldn't Bazille sound about the same on 44 and 96? I never could notice any difference when HQ is enabled on bot rates. Maybe i am deaf though.

kmonkey wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
kobal wrote:

Isn't there the case where they (u-he plugins )automatically detect your host rate and switch to more or less oversampling? Just example - at 44khz bazille is x4 but on 96khz Bazille is x2 oversampled? So anyway shouldn't Bazille sound about the same on 44 and 96? I never could notice any difference when HQ is enabled on bot rates. Maybe i am deaf though.
I hear a distinct difference between them... but then I am often out on the edge of instability and mayhem :lol:

oscillator sync

I think that storing the tap speed factors for each of the 4 taps in the sequencer rather than it just keeping the last value set would be a big leap forward and give some really great effects

How about a delay module/buffer where you can modulate the delay time and maybe more. This could open up for comb filter style sounds and experimental things when combined with the sample and hold and so forth. I mean one where you can patch into and out of.

halsallian wrote:I think that storing the tap speed factors for each of the 4 taps in the sequencer rather than it just keeping the last value set would be a big leap forward and give some really great effects
I don't understand what you mean?

pdxindy wrote:
halsallian wrote:I think that storing the tap speed factors for each of the 4 taps in the sequencer rather than it just keeping the last value set would be a big leap forward and give some really great effects

Do this:

go to the sequencer and set the first tap to 4 in the first sequencer slot

change the sequencer slot to number 2 - you will see that the first tap is still set to 4 - set it to 8

switch the sequencer slot back to 1 - it hasn't remember the 4 has it but has the 8

I'd like these tap speeds to be stored in the sequencer slots

halsallian wrote:
pdxindy wrote:

Do this:

go to the sequencer and set the first tap to 4 in the first sequencer slot

change the sequencer slot to number 2 - you will see that the first tap is still set to 4 - set it to 8

switch the sequencer slot back to 1 - it hasn't remember the 4 has it but has the 8

I'd like these tap speeds to be stored in the sequencer slots
you mean when switching between the 8 snapshots, you want the timing multiplier of each of the 4 outputs to be stored per snapshot?

I doubt that is even possible... I mean the 8 sequencer snapshots can smoothly fade between them and can even be modulated at audio-rate.

Return to “Instruments”