Fuse Audio Labs presents the Bucket-500 Analog Delay Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bucket-500 Analog Delay

RPH wrote:That was quick, thanks Ray.

I tried your plugin for a bit yesterday and bought it then after.
Love it, just like your compressor.
Great to hear you're digging it!

Best,
Ray

fuseaudiolabs wrote:
RPH wrote:
sqigls wrote:is it possible to use it as a send effect? does Wet 100% mean Dry is 0%??
Send is only possible now by removing the dry signal thru phase cancellation.
100% wet = dry + 100% wet.

Talked about here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... lugin.html
Okay guys, check v1.0.1, it adds the suggested insert/send switch aka dry mute :wink:
Session compatibility is of course retained.
awesome support, nice one.

how difficult would it be to implement a self oscillation switch?
that perhaps just bumps the feedback up to 105% or something?
maybe the dub guys aren't the target market?

must sound pretty good on guitar this thing?
pity i can't play for shit. might have to run some guitar loops through it...

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:Sound quality on this is good. I think the plugin would benefit greatly from depth/speed control on the LFO.

The only negative I have is that the main body of the delay fades out too quickly even with high feedback settings, but I guess that's probably a character of the hardware.
Hi Vortifex,

Thanks for your comments. The hardware as well as the emulation are tuned to the point just before instability. Given the low bandwidth of the BBD system it's obvious the signal will fade out rather quickly (in terms of the adjusted delay times) even if both the feedback as well as the filter are turned all the way up. I'm currently considering a +3dB fb option that would allow driving it into oscillation. Let's see how it turns out.

Best,
Ray
Last edited by fuseaudiolabs on Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

sqigls wrote:
fuseaudiolabs wrote:
RPH wrote:
sqigls wrote:is it possible to use it as a send effect? does Wet 100% mean Dry is 0%??
Send is only possible now by removing the dry signal thru phase cancellation.
100% wet = dry + 100% wet.

Talked about here: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/new-pro ... lugin.html
Okay guys, check v1.0.1, it adds the suggested insert/send switch aka dry mute :wink:
Session compatibility is of course retained.
awesome support, nice one.

how difficult would it be to implement a self oscillation switch?
that perhaps just bumps the feedback up to 105% or something?
maybe the dub guys aren't the target market?

must sound pretty good on guitar this thing?
pity i can't play for shit. might have to run some guitar loops through it...
Hi sqigls,

Thanks for your feedback.

Adding e.g. a +3dB button for the feedback signal wouldn't be that big of a deal, frankly. However, it was deliberately designed that way in order to not blow up people's speakers / ears by accident. Let me think about it for a little bit. I don't want to mess up the original concept which is simplicity and straightforwardness, so I guess you understand that at this point not every single feature request can be accepted. :troll:
Last edited by fuseaudiolabs on Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Would love a +3db option! Not having it go into self-oscillation just seems like so much wasted potential for such a nice delay. Going in and out of self-oscillation is such a staple for every kind of dub-influenced music.

Well, there is a need for dub-oriented music of course, but this is an emulation of a guitar pedal delay and I see it as such. As stated in the manual I am certain that self-oscillation wasn't a part of the original design, although it would be great to have. Maybe we could see another delay with all requested options one day, who knows...
It's easy if you know how

fuseaudiolabs wrote:
Vortifex wrote:Sound quality on this is good. I think the plugin would benefit greatly from depth/speed control on the LFO.

The only negative I have is that the main body of the delay fades out too quickly even with high feedback settings, but I guess that's probably a character of the hardware.
Hi Vortifex,

Thanks for your comments. The hardware as well as the emulation are tuned to the point just before instability. Given the low bandwidth of the BBD system it's obvious the signal will fade out rather quickly (in terms of the adjusted delay times) even if both the feedback as well as the filter are turned all the way up. I'm currently considering a +3dB fb option that would allow driving it into oscillation. Let's see how it turns out.

Best,
Ray

Edit: After some time and use I've been getting nice results modulating the time buy hand.
Last edited by s28 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sounds lovely.

Like most here, I need to spend money on another delay like i need a kick in the nuts, but I'm really digging the snappiness. Sounds great! and pretty kind on the CPU :)

self oscillation would force me to buy it though i think.

i had a dollar for every delay plugin i own, I'd have enough to buy THIS one :P

+1 for self oscillation

Thats my only disappointment, this is software afterall and not limited by real component limitations ;)
Amazon: why not use an alternative

sounds like a bucket brigade though, i love those tones :)
yeah i just can't warrant buying another delay plugin right now... or CAN I? :-?

Le Masque Delay is kinda close in tone, but a bit more mid-rangey...
Bucket-500 seems to react differently to different material...?
It sits in the mix nicely, in my experience so far.
the transients don't smear as much as other delays, so the tail isn't too muddy...
good for snappy synth delays

damn these appealing intro offers. get me every time.
this year is knocking out some seriously delicious tones already.

This thing is fantastic for "invisible" delay, that is barely audible - as soon as I really notice it, I tend to dislike its sound - but that is often the case with my de Luxe MemoryBoy too.

The "LFO" button is a useless gimmick in my opinion.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote:The "LFO" button is a useless gimmick in my opinion.
Hi Jens,

Thanks for your feedback. I see what you mean. However, conceptually this is primarily intended as an easy to use and boiled down BBD delay processor with a set of (hopefully) nice add-ons giving you some range and versatility while always staying in that analog delay ballpark sound wise. The LFO in particular works best with shorter delay times <100ms unless you are going for something really crazy (which might be what some are looking for). Adding parameters like depth and rate here would have quickly messed up the idea of simplicity. A full blown flanger may be released at a later date...hint hint :party:

The +3dB feedback option which would allow for oscillation, however, is still under consideration.

Best,
Ray
Last edited by fuseaudiolabs on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Okay..looks I have to give in. Watch out for v1.0.2 soon :tu:

fuseaudiolabs wrote:
jens wrote:The "LFO" button is a useless gimmick in my opinion.
Hi Jens,

Thanks for your feedback. I see what you mean. However, conceptually this is primarily intended as an easy to use and boiled down BBD delay processor with a set of (hopefully) nice add-ons giving you some range and versatility while always staying in that analog delay ballpark sound wise. The LFO in particular works best with shorter delay times <100ms unless you are going for something really crazy (which might be what some are looking for). Adding parameters like depth and rate here would have quickly messed up the idea of simplicity. A full blown flanger may be released at a later date...hint hint :party:

First of all I really disagree with rate- and depth-controls messing up the simplicity of the device (the DMB -and DMM have it and they are still simple enough to use) - it would only be one control more, as the depth control would eliminate the need of an on/off switch (and then there's that noise switch which I personally do not see a use for, so I'd say you could even do it without increasing the number of visible controls at all)

But then, even if you must insist on keeping the toggle without adding any control over the LFO whatsoever:
why does it have to be that deep? (100%, I would think?) A depth of 5 or at max 10% would make it actually useable in a musical context.

About that flanger: :hyper:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Return to “Effects”