DrSynC Modular help

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I posted this to the defacto "official" site, but I dunno if anyone is there to help...

"Hello, I have been a fan of this synth for a long time. 3 PCs have crashed since I started using Sync as a VST. Right now I am rebuilding my older material in Tracktion and Reaper. My old patches work (Nord and Waldorf Pulse emulators) but none of the new ones I am tweaking work as VSTs. Is there a setting in the structure of additive16tri++ by Luigi (for example) that I can tweak to make it work?"

It is an old program (1999) but it is one of my favorites. Any ideas on why some work and some don't? I dove into the structures and compared ones that worked to ones that did not and could not find an answer. I think I had this problem years ago and solved it, but the answer has yet to come back to me.

I figured it out...I had an "instance" loaded that generated no sound. When I loaded a new synth in it automatically played the no-sound instance instead of the one I could play using the keypad. It was compounded by me not having the right MIDI channel. I set the desired synth to omni and also selected it as the right instance, and the problem was solved.

I also did not realize the help link worked in the sync modular program file. I thought it sent me to a dead link, but it was an actual useful instruction manual.

I really enjoy the sound quality of SynC, even if the interface is outdated and cumbersome.

Thanks for following up on your problem with the solution you found. I wish everyone would do that on forums everywhere. :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Modular Synthesis”