LWJ - Murk (house?)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's a new one I cobbled together today.. probably needs a lot of refinement, but I like where's it going.
Made mostly with Maschine

https://soundcloud.com/lwj/lwj-murk

Enjoy!

Not really the type of music I'm into, but honestly, I really like it!! Really cool and quirky sounddesign which gives the track an intersting experimental vibe! :tu:

Thanks for checking!
That's exactly what I'm after.. house music for people that don't like house music (I'm one of them, I guess the sound design gives me away) or experimental music that makes people want to dance.

not sure if its house? not something i know about...

interesting piece for sure,very busy but not crowded if that makes sense, so much going on but each element is clear. nice work :tu:

the vibe i got from it had me in mind of matmos, they use that sort of almost disjointed rhythms and weird sound design. if you've not heard them, you may enjoy them.

Hey vurt,

thanks for compliments. No, hadn't heard of matmos but I kinda like it, thanks for the tip.
I suppose there's similarities, I'm much more of a traditionalist though. I love weird sound design but I always try to have a catchy pay off in my tracks as well.. the goal is to keep people on their toes, but also get them moving.

In any case, there's a new version up now (same link). New title, some tweaks to the arrangment and I hope a much cleaner tighter mix.

cool house track, sounds good on my Yamaha HS 7's
Last edited by amytriptyline on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

amytriptyline wrote:have a listen thanks!
https://soundcloud.com/user-849876425/forsaken
Its bad form posting your tunes in someone else's thread. You should start your own really.

@LWJ good stuff. I like it. :tu:

sorry how do i delete it, i just thought the forum was music cafe

amytriptyline wrote:sorry how do i delete it, i just thought the forum was music cafe
It is the music forum, but you should make a new thread. To delete your post use the pencil icon in your post. (edit) I see you've sussed it out :)

thanks, I apologize, I'll get the hang of this yet :)

Return to “Music Cafe”