Advice on (electronic) drum plugin. What are you using?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Melda Mdrummer and sytrus (yes i use that from drums creation)
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Local Man wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Local Man wrote:Xils Stix is definitely worth checking out. It has a great sequencer, great ready made sounds, and deep programming/synthesis options. I've only used the CM version and I like it a lot. The full version adds a ton of power and flexibility but it is a little pricy, which is why I haven't taken the plunge yet.
And the good news are that a cross grade offer for the -free- CM version owners will be made in the not so far future, with a great discount.
That's cool!
Any idea when?
Where did you hear that?
I just spoke with them recently and asked.
No precise date, but it shouldn't be too long.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
Local Man wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:
Local Man wrote:Xils Stix is definitely worth checking out. It has a great sequencer, great ready made sounds, and deep programming/synthesis options. I've only used the CM version and I like it a lot. The full version adds a ton of power and flexibility but it is a little pricy, which is why I haven't taken the plunge yet.
And the good news are that a cross grade offer for the -free- CM version owners will be made in the not so far future, with a great discount.
That's cool!
Any idea when?
Where did you hear that?
I just spoke with them recently and asked.
No precise date, but it shouldn't be too long.
Thanks for the info.
I would love to get my hands on the full version at a more budget friendly price.
I like the CM version a lot because the preset sounds are very unique and usable (and I'm generally not a big fan of presets), but to have the flexibility to deeply edit the presets and make new sounds from scratch would be very cool.
I also love the randomize feature. I am always able to find something inspiring that way.

I have few I use SPARK 2 I know its a toy but the sound has some clarity which others doesnt.For drum synthesis Stix and Tremor are shockingly good tough stix sound need beefing up.For samled shit there are many maschine,battery,tal,logic esx or drum designer,geist 2,akai etc.

lacandon wrote: I use SPARK 2 I know its a toy .

HARSH

godly wrote:That Waldorf also seems amazing...
Forgot that one.. Bit old but more than it's weight of gold :love:

Apratim wrote:Melda Mdrummer and sytrus (yes i use that from drums creation)
mdrummer is great...though i dont use it for the drums. once you get around the learning curve (it does NOT behave as one would expect it to).....its really good for generating patterns. i use it to make d&b/jungle patterns that i then destroy with saturation/distortion and various rhythmizers for powernoise tracks (mrythmizer is good for this as well).

tbh...i dont really like mdummers actual drum sounds...but theyre all but irrelevant for how i use it.
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:
Apratim wrote:Melda Mdrummer and sytrus (yes i use that from drums creation)
mdrummer is great...though i dont use it for the drums. once you get around the learning curve (it does NOT behave as one would expect it to).....its really good for generating patterns. i use it to make d&b/jungle patterns that i then destroy with saturation/distortion and various rhythmizers for powernoise tracks (mrythmizer is good for this as well).

tbh...i dont really like mdummers actual drum sounds...but theyre all but irrelevant for how i use it.
i import my own samples after opening the pad mode and add a bit of white noise synth and shit ton of processing
i mean who puts a mbit and later a waveshaper with bizarre shape on a kick sample(i do so it fits my workflow kinda)

and yeah the GUI is a total workflow killer if you use the rhythm generator on your own.just want it to work like NI battery
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Instruments”