sunday noodles...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is very cool. I love doing things to guitar...
Enjoyed your treatments!
eBows are great things...
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

seismic1 wrote:The fuzz guitar was very good, but I really liked the ebow drones, especially that long fade at the end. In fact, I liked it 3 times so far.

Good work :)
repeated listens is always a good sign :hihi:

sjm wrote:
vurt wrote:as for the un numbered final thoughts, i thank you kindly :oops:

well, this seems to have worked quite nicely with all four of you :D
Indeed! I thought it was surprisingly musical for what is essentially just noodling on a guitar when you're supposed to be getting high in church. I don't mean that I was humming the "chorus" to myself for days afterwards, but that the layers on layers of simple tones creates a very musical sounding landscape that seems to stretch to infinity and back. There's a harmonic depth as a result, but it's very different from the sound of a traditional band playing together. That's what makes it so fascinating. It's so much more than yet another nice sound(TM).
thanks again :)
to be honest i don't think id know how to write something with a chorus for you to hum :P that's not in my dna :hihi:

jancivil wrote:I like where it goes to these saturated mids later the most, I think.

that and the impactful first moments

for a bit it really reminded me of something but it didn't occur to me immediately.
Fripp. Frippertronics. Smoother, though.

I would love to have two Revox A or B 77s and do that Eno trip Fripp stole from him...
which I learned from the back of a cereal box. Er, album cover.
:o that's quite the compliment, thanks :)

yeah a couple of tape decks would be nice for sure 8)
i should set up the two looper pedals and have a go at a "poor mans" frippertronics.

iirc, discreet music gave the set up diagram for what became known as frippertronics?

Jace-BeOS wrote:Nice stuff. I enjoyed it. I wish the end wasn't cut off and had just faded nicely to silence. Was that end drone still the ebowed guitar? The reverb was huge/long, to the point where it almost sounded like a freeze mode, except i detected no looping. Nice work, Vurt.

the ending is the tail end of the ebow and heavy reverbs (pedal and itb)
no freeze, just long tails and layers of reverb, so the long tails keep the later reverbs going...

thanks for listening :)

Allomerus wrote:This is very cool. I love doing things to guitar...
Enjoyed your treatments!
eBows are great things...
Well done!
:)
glad you liked :)

yeah the ebow is wonderful, but it is making me lust after the ed obrien sustainer strat now :hihi:
massive sustained chords through massive reverb :o its like heaven right there!

vurt wrote: yeah a couple of tape decks would be nice for sure 8)
i should set up the two looper pedals and have a go at a "poor mans" frippertronics.

iirc, discreet music gave the set up diagram for what became known as frippertronics?
I think that's the one. Oddly, when I got up into the Electronic Music Lab at SFCM, sure there was a pair of Revox A77s in there. I made the loudspeakers feed back via a mic and setting the record and pb heads apart in that oldschool method and then with that printed on some tape I did the thing. It was an epiphany to find this clean and very limited sound source spark all this SOUND.

Great ambient for sure, you should score some sci-fi movies :)
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Sounds fantastic! I love how the fuzz guitar contrasts the more diffuse drone. Very well done.
Thanks for sharing!

jancivil wrote:
vurt wrote: yeah a couple of tape decks would be nice for sure 8)

I think that's the one. Oddly, when I got up into the Electronic Music Lab at SFCM, sure there was a pair of Revox A77s in there. I made the loudspeakers feed back via a mic and setting the record and pb heads apart in that oldschool method and then with that printed on some tape I did the thing. It was an epiphany to find this clean and very limited sound source spark all this SOUND.

sadly, by the time i got to manchester they had gone all pro tools rigs :( worse still was finding out it was only a few years before and they sold off various tapes and multitracks for dirt cheap :cry: as well as exchanging a load of classic synths, minimoogs/microwaves et al for a load of korg ms2000. don't get me wrong, i love my ms2k, but surely having choices would have been better?

and i got bollocked by some old dude for plugging a mic in to a guitar fx chain and swinging it in front of the cab. apparently i was going to blow it up.
great days :D

shroom81 wrote:Great ambient for sure, you should score some sci-fi movies :)

justin3am wrote:Sounds fantastic! I love how the fuzz guitar contrasts the more diffuse drone. Very well done.
Thanks for sharing!
cheers :)
thanks for listening.

vurt wrote:and i got bollocked by some old dude for plugging a mic in to a guitar fx chain and swinging it in front of the cab. apparently i was going to blow it up.
great days :D
Back in the day (1996-ish), I'd invite friends over to my place to jam. One of the guys in the group wasn't really a musician. He'd dabbled on guitar/bass for a few weeks each, and was great at programming beats. So his instrument was invariably the microphone (the rest of us chose whatever we felt like being multi-instrumentalists).

The mic would be plugged in to a variety of guitar pedals. Invariably the DF-2 at some stage in the chain, as well as a delay, and maybe phaser and/or flanger. Apart from ad-libbing vocals through the mic, he'd bang various things in the room. One classic session featured a "lighter solo", where he's banging a lighter against a drinking glass for ~2 mins. But the best stuff always happened when he held the mic up to the speakers playing the full instrument mix and then moved it around while twiddling the FX knobs or activating the feedback mode on the DF-2. You'd get lovely effects with all the feedback and delays that you couldn't recreate any other way.

The speakers still work btw.

Return to “Music Cafe”