IK Multimedia Black 76 – free with Computer Music issue 254 (April 2018)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

db3 wrote:IK Black76 sounds great to me, I prefer it to Waves, NI, Softube equivalents.
NB) The bloated shop + demos installer should be ditched though.
I totally agree, it's overboard.
Last edited by The Noodlist on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Is materialism devouring your musical output? :ud:

melomood wrote:
chk071 wrote:
LAGinz wrote:You guys are incredible. Is it a huge marketing ploy? Of course.
Exactly. ANY other CM plugin offer is the same.
I can recall a few that did not come attached to such a bloated & cumbersome marketing ploy
Focusrite Red Suite for instance

tatanka wrote: Then I gladly remembered I had that before:

Ik multimedia download DONT WORK with Firefox (actual version of course....) win 7 64 bit (seems nobody use this anymore at least in the way IK multimedia thinks)....
Win 7 64 and firefox user since forever. Never had a problem downloading from IKM. What is it that goes wrong for you?

@ all, if you have the magazine, this is a good compressor. Don't let the hassle of removing unused dll's keep you from installing it.

People here complain at IKM no matter what they do. Agreed, a bundle install when you only need one is bit of a drag. Melda does that too, and some others, we don't like it.

This is a perfect example of the difference between a "Freebie" and a "Promotional Item". :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It isn't 'free'.

It is £4 and comes with a 'magazine' that I'll almost certainly never read!

:D

So - is it an automated process? I have sent the email yesterday, and I got nothing so far.

lajosuti wrote:So - is it an automated process? I have sent the email yesterday, and I got nothing so far.
Its buggy as hell.

Gmail didnt work. Had to use different address. Should be immediate afaik.

Thanks a lot, indeed it worked with a yahoo mailbox.

Sadly, I can't eat popcorn anymore.

+1 on the crap I didn't ask for. A few days ago, I downloaded the demo for TrackS 'deluxe,' but the whole kitchen sink of 'Max' downloaded to my computer. Ran it a few times, watched a couple of vids, and last night decided to buy. So, I uninstalled it, was told it was uninstalled, looked in plugin manager and they were still there. So, I re-download the 'deluxe' version after purchase, install it, and the crap I'm not paying for is, again, there. This time, though, only a couple of the 22 modules work. I un-install again. Post the issue here, think about it for a few minutes, then decide to get the latest version of the authorizer. Then, everything that I paid for was working. I just had to go through every module to determine which was authorized and which was not. Took me longer than 'a couple of minutes' to sort it out in the plugin manager so that I don't see and try to use unauthorized modules in my plugin folder. What should've been an easy 5-10 minute process took over an hour, and I can't sit that long right now due to post-op pain.

I keep forgetting these things. Amplitube did the same thing. Leave the a la carte crap to the custom shop version, and just give me what I've paid for!!! :x
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

IKM's whole purchasing/installing system is convoluted as hell.

On the plus side their plugins are more than excellent. T-Racks5 Bus Compressor just replaced The Glue in a session for me.

I agree with the complains. But I see no reason for them to be in this CM thread (unfortunately I did the same mistake earlier :oops:).

This whole "custom shop" thing and the registration / authorization scheme gives off a very unprofessional vibe. Maybe such a scheme would be appropriate for video games and entertainment / consumer grade software, but not for people who want to use their computers productively and efficiently without a hassle!
Last edited by Obsolete236871 on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izak Synthiemental wrote: This whole "custom shop" thing and the registration / authorization scheme gives off a very unprofessional vibe. Maybe such a scheme would be appropriate for video games and entertainment / consumer grade software, but not for people who want to use their computers productively and efficiently without a hassle!
Amen to that!

:tu:

I would think that most users of IK stuff are using it for entertainment.

I would think most people using these forums are using music-related software for entertainment.

I wish I was being paid a livable wage for my peerless writing, performing, and recording skillz, but sadly...

:D

I have more hassle with my iLok plugins than with my IK Multimedia stuff.

Return to “Effects”