Spectrasonics sluggish after recent updates?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Posting in for updates :)

Hi guys, I contacted Spectrasonics today and inquired about this issue. I included a link to this thread. Hopefully they will pop in and gather more information. I'm now following this thread.

Cheers,

Andre
“Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise so I am changing myself.” Rumi
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I’m actually finding things worse than I originally thought. Many patches actually cause a complete hang while th the Omnisphere GUI going into (not responding) header with the spinning ball for about 20 seconds ir longer, freezing Bitwig until it wakes up. And these are often not sample heavy patches. Like textures and stuff. This sucks.

Hmmm... could you confirm if the GUI is in normal mode or expanded? This isn't good.
“Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise so I am changing myself.” Rumi
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I’ve got it at default size.

Very bad here.

When playing with the new stand alone version, it has high latency times. Normally I have latency set at 512, but since its slow I´ve tried as low as 64, it´s still high in latency, not really playable.

I use an RME Babyface Pro low latency capability soundcard and good enough PC computer hardware (4 core i7, 32 gig ram), so these two things should not be the bottlenecks in this case.

Update: Now sound is breaking up totally when playing inside my sequencer (Studio One).

Have not figured out how to resice the GUI yet -- that´s not in any way obvious -- so another GUI size is not the problem here...

hebex wrote:Very bad here.

When playing with the new stand alone version, it has high latency times. Normally I have latency set at 512, but since its slow I´ve tried as low as 64, it´s still high in latency, not really playable.

I use an RME Babyface Pro low latency capability soundcard and good enough PC computer hardware (4 core i7, 32 gig ram), so these two things should not be the bottlenecks in this case.

Update: Now sound is breaking up totally when playing inside my sequencer (Studio One).

Have not figured out how to resice the GUI yet -- that´s not in any way obvious -- so another GUI size is not the problem here...
I sent a support request to Spectrasonics about a week ago but haven't heard back. Make sure you do too.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:
hebex wrote:Very bad here.

I sent a support request to Spectrasonics about a week ago but haven't heard back. Make sure you do too.
Did that before my post here.

Sluggish here as well (PC). Patches take longer to load and the delay time has increased between selecting the patch and being able to play notes while it fully loads. :?

Anybody else hear anything recent from Spectrasonics on this issue?

Not here... I got a reply back asking me to describe the issues. Again. I had already done so, plus I sent them this thread URL. Which I did again. I hope they will step up and come investigate. This is really a bummer of epic proportion. Almost... :P
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I never heard back from my support request. Really disappointed about that. It’s been weeks. I see spectrasonics are still the slowest support in the biz.

Strange...I've only had to deal with their support maybe once and I remember it being relatively fast. I wonder what changed or if they are in panic mode because of the release.

dandezebra wrote:Strange...I've only had to deal with their support maybe once and I remember it being relatively fast. I wonder what changed or if they are in panic mode because of the release.
i remember lots of people used to complain about support, especially license transfers taking months. i waited about a month on one. They acknowledged they had to do better, but can still be pretty slow clearly. I don't know another dev that takes weeks to respond, and spectrasonics are a fairly big company with lots of staff, so you'd think they could provide timely support with technical issues.

Maybe it would be faster if you implied that you were in the middle of scoring Avatar III or something. :wink:

Return to “Instruments”