Roland tr808

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
boombaxx
KVRist
245 posts since 10 Mar, 2005

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:10 pm

Roland tr808 vsti i think it would be good if they let tr-08 and tr-09 owners use the vsti to make it easier to control the hardware. Or am i asking for to much they look very similar. Other companies have vst versions of hardware for free. Or is that like asking the borg if they fancy a cup of tea and a chat.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/2018/ ... u-plugins/

https://youtu.be/DmccHfLpbo4

rod_zero
KVRAF
2936 posts since 28 Jan, 2011 from MEXICO

Re: Roland tr808

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Well they didn't advertise the HW as including the plugin so I don't see the reason.

And then, why get hardware if you end using the software? maybe sell both and pay two years and get the plugins at the end (with their "yours" program.

If you feel the two boutiques are hard to control I would suggest getting the new TR8S, much more controls and options, and you can probably get it by selling the two boutiques (even wait a bit because I suspect that when the boutiques are sold out they will go up in price as the Ju06).
Last edited by rod_zero on Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dedication to flying

boombaxx
KVRist

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:10 pm

The plugin wasn't available when the hw was released. So how can they offer something that doesn't exist yet. Not asking for a free plugin. It would be nice to have an UI for them on the computer for them it already exists 3rd party. Since Roland went to all the trouble of designing one the thought that hw owners might want to combine the 2. Considering your fingers cover the knob and your guessing it's position a bit of visual feedback would be the ticket

rod_zero
KVRAF

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:38 pm

Yes, the boutiques are hard to control, they too small, I got rid of a JP08 because fo that, and I got a system 8, I think that is the best solution: get the big HW boxes as the new TR8S, you get the 808,909, 707, 606, plus better sequencer, individual outs, more controls, and many more features, is simply much better value.
dedication to flying

boombaxx
KVRist

Post Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:05 pm

I rather like them there not to hard to control. Tr8s sounds nice but the 08 and 09 fit perfectly on my desk no room for anything else. If wanted drum samples i have Battery. They already have individual outs thru usb it's not perfect but not unusable. A UI would be really good. I think it's a bit rich asking someone to pony up 20 bucks a month for something that they already own in hardware. It is effectively making the hardware crippleware. As there is a UI solution that Roland deemed not to release to HW owners.

Stupid American Pig
KVRAF
7049 posts since 25 Nov, 2002 from not sure

Post Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:25 am

I get your frustration but I’ve been able to link my sh-01a and Jp-08 to the Roland cloud plugins. It’s not a magic”connect to hardware device” but more of a link to controller and wiggle a knob kinda thing but it works.

rod_zero
KVRAF

Post Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:55 am

boombaxx wrote:I rather like them there not to hard to control. Tr8s sounds nice but the 08 and 09 fit perfectly on my desk no room for anything else. If wanted drum samples i have Battery. They already have individual outs thru usb it's not perfect but not unusable. A UI would be really good. I think it's a bit rich asking someone to pony up 20 bucks a month for something that they already own in hardware. It is effectively making the hardware crippleware. As there is a UI solution that Roland deemed not to release to HW owners.
The hardware was crippled before the plugins, it is too small, the audio interface is barely usable, the USB power can introduce noise. And all that is quite clear after 30 minutes of using them.

I honestly don't see how a plugin fixes that, it only makes miré obvious how low usability these machines are.

I would just use the plugin and sell the little boutiques.

You are just suffering by your own choice.
dedication to flying

boombaxx
KVRist

Post Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:09 pm

I would rather use these than use a 38 year old tr 909 or 808. There size does work against them. I have a 38 year old bass Fender it will never fail it's made of wood. The fact that there is still working versions of the 909 808. How much repairs have they had it's like buying old cars or motorbikes. History is everything

rod_zero
KVRAF

Post Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:24 pm

I would rather use the new TR8S with all the improvements, individual outs and better UI overall.
dedication to flying

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”